1st Anniversary

Hi everyone, it will be our first anniversary in February and I have booked hubby and I into a boutique hotel in Brighton for three nights (once the wedding was over I needed to plan something else!). It's a surprise for hubby as with my working hours it's harder for him to surprise me and make sure I have the time off. I have planned a few bits - champagne in our room, 5 course tasting menu on the night of our anniversary etc. can anyone think of anything else I can plan while in Brighton? I'd really like hubby not to worry about anything and have a few surprises up my sleeve. (I chose Brighton because it was out first ever mini break away 11 years ago!) I'd appreciate any recommendations for things to do in Brighton. 

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

I have never been there but from what I know there is a heavy influence on artistic things, could you slot out an afternoon or morning to go around some galleries or similar and pick out a piece of artwork for your home? Something to keep forever, but which will remind you of your first trip/anniversary? :)

• i360

live gigs

shopping in the Lanes & North Laine

speedboat trip from the Marina

https://www.visitbrighton.com/whats-on

• Emma624Emma624 Posts: 137

That's a lovely idea Sadie, as it stands, I am still living with MIL whilst we save for a deposit for our house, living and working in London is a nightmare for home buyers! My hubby does like looking at art though and I love the romantic ones that I can imagine in our bedroom. Perhaps we could do an art gallery and a champagne afternoon tea X

• Emma624Emma624 Posts: 137

Hi Ali

was thinking of the i360 - I think you can have a glass of champagne before going on as well, thanks for the reply 

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride
    Emma624 wrote (see post):

That's a lovely idea Sadie, as it stands, I am still living with MIL whilst we save for a deposit for our house, living and working in London is a nightmare for home buyers! My hubby does like looking at art though and I love the romantic ones that I can imagine in our bedroom. Perhaps we could do an art gallery and a champagne afternoon tea X

You could get a piece and hide it away somewhere, ready for your first home :) Champagne is a must ;)