Do you miss wedding planning or are you glad its all over?

MrsMGMrsMG Posts: 359

How do my fellow newlyweds feel about this?

I just clicked that this time last year I was busy wedding planning and it seemed to be all I could think or talk about. Looking back, I was unnecessarily stressed and worried over the most silly things when it came to the wedding day and I wish I had taken more time out to actually enjoy wedding planning instead of just stressing. Ultimately the most important thing is we are married now and I'm glad we finally done it after 9 years I do sometimes miss having something major to look forward to but I am also loving being back to normality so to speak!

• I had a really bad case of post Wedding blues after my first wedding..... I hope it doesn’t happen this time, but I’ve got a distraction / I’ve been accepted to do my Masters degree in education with the Royal academy oF Dance starting september 2019 so just after the wedding so I’m hoping I’ll be ok lol 

• I definitely miss it and still spend occasional evenings on Pinterest planning alternative weddings just in case I ever need to help someone else out. I loved the planning process, making things and ticking off a to do list! I’d do it all over again... but without having to find a new husband! 

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 405 New bride

I definitely don't miss planning the wedding at all. I did feel a little lost and didn't know what to do with all my spare time once I didn't have wedding crafting to do but I'm getting much more time for myself and generally feel much calmer and happier now it's over. 

All the stress of planning was worth it though we had the best day ever. 

• i cant wait for it to be over, does that count 🤣🤣 x x

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I’m glad its over and I’m completely fine in terms of the blues. Never felt anything remotely similar to it. I’m just happy, and relaxed.

Although I’m a lover of lists and DH bought me a new unicorn notebook and I don’t know what to list! That’s probably the closest I’ve felt to missing the planning, I was tempted to just plan a pretend wedding just for something to write 😂

list inspo please???