Thank you cards

MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
Has any one done anything a little different?  I don't want to just send a picture of us but can't find an alternative?
It also seems ages to wait for the official photos to thank people?

x

• KittyFiennesKittyFiennes Posts: 975 New bride
    I didn't do pictures at all for my thank-you cards for my prev wedding.  I just bought a variety of boxes of small pretty cards and handwrote (all 103) people a thank you.  Whilst we were opening our wedding gifts, I wrote on the back of each card what the person gave us so that I could slightly customise each thank-you note.  I also sent cards to those who attended but opted not to gift (we did ask that people not give us anything).
  • MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    I didn't do pictures at all for my thank-you cards for my prev wedding.  I just bought a variety of boxes of small pretty cards and handwrote (all 103) people a thank you.  Whilst we were opening our wedding gifts, I wrote on the back of each card what the person gave us so that I could slightly customise each thank-you note.  I also sent cards to those who attended but opted not to gift (we did ask that people not give us anything).
    We've got a spreadsheet of who gave what to customise each one. Was quite surprised 10 full day guests didn't even bring a card although some have said one is to follow...
    I might send thank you to all as Phil is keen to, I'd not heard of it before x
  • MrsL-GMrsL-G Posts: 86 New bride
    Like Kitty, I wrote thank you letters to those who attended and customised them as much as possible. I also sent them photos of them having a good time (we had documentary style photographers).

For those who couldn't attend but sent gifts, I wrote a letter and included a photo collage of us and other details like my bouquet, the Chinese wedding favour, guestbook, etc. 
  • MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    MrsL-G said:
    Like Kitty, I wrote thank you letters to those who attended and customised them as much as possible. I also sent them photos of them having a good time (we had documentary style photographers).

For those who couldn't attend but sent gifts, I wrote a letter and included a photo collage of us and other details like my bouquet, the Chinese wedding favour, guestbook, etc. 
    We have looked at a polaroid of each person at the wedding if our tog managed to get everyone as our place names were old polaroids so it fits.  Fingers crossed we have enough photos x
  • CharleahCharleah Posts: 248 New bride
    We’re doing a photo booth strip style one that goes with the general photo theme we had going on at the wedding. Can fit 4 photos on and stick on the fridge!