My beach wedding pics

I'm now a member of the newlyweds club! As I've really enjoyed reading other brides' stories and seeing their photos I thought I would add my own.

We got married in January and had a relaxed, informal beach ceremony with just the two of us, then honeymooned in the Maldives before heading to Australia (where we're from) to celebrate with family and friends (before heading back to the UK, phew, that's a lot of flying!).

The ceremony was very intimate and casual (no last minute nerves!) just as we had planned - we had a really fantastic day with the run up involving spa treatments and massages! Here's some photos :\) link no longer available

[Modified by: Kats. on 26 February 2008 11:14:02 ]

• pantaloonpantaloon Posts: 2,348
    Well done Kats, the pictures show just how happy you to are together. The backdrop and views of your ceremony look amazing

Congratulations fellow January Bride xxx
  • KristyukKristyuk Posts: 897
    Thankyou, and congrats to you too! The scenery was stunning, really beautiful - we will have to go back for an anniversary!
  • Aaaah lovely photos, you do both look sooooo chilled and relaxed, maybe that's the key - going off and doing it on your own!!! And maldives looks so lovely!!!!

Congrats to you both xx
  • beautiful, really does look idyllic!

Congrats
  • Congratulations - you looked beautiful and so happy!

Well done image

Quick question - did you do your own make up and if so what did you use? Particularly lipstick - it is a lovely colour!

Thanks FS x
  • I loved make up too!!! Beach looks gorgeous...I hope my beach pics look as nice as yours!! (Cyprus) xxx
    Thankyou! I had my makeup done at the spa at the resort. I was really happy with it, it was just as I wanted it - very natural looking for the beach. The makeup she used was an Australian brand called ELES Mineral Makeup, I loved it so much that I found a stockist in Oz when we went there afterwards and bought a whole bunch of products!

Flyingscottie, for lipstick she used a pinky lipliner all over my lips then a raspberry lip gloss over the top (the staying power wasn't great as it was really windy but it looked nice while it was there!).

Good luck with your Cyprus beach wedding Happytimes, sounds great!
  • It just looks... perfect! Thats the only word for it, your wedding just looks so gorgeous and romatic, brought a tear to my eye!

Am a teensy bit jealous, I'd always dremt of a wedding like yours for myself, but got swept away by h2b and family into the big english wedding with 100 people. You're very lucky!

And you look beautiful too, and so happy!!

Congratulations! x
    Thanks Amber for your lovely words. I think that's the problem with weddings (and wedding dresses!) - there's so many good options of how to do it, it's hard to choose just one! Your big English wedding sounds great too!
  • you look beautiful...so relaxed, gorgeous! where was it you actually got married? we're flying off to mauritius in 2 weeks and seeing your photo's has really got me excited now!!! x
    We got married in the Maldives at the Hilton resort (now Conrad) - it was stunning with the white sand and blue water (it really is as it looks in brochures!).

Good luck for your wedding in Mauritius, we looked at getting married there - it looks so gorgeous too!

[Modified by: Kats. on February 23, 2008 02:53 PM]
  • loweellieloweellie Posts: 1,196
    fab piccies. love the whole look of the wedding. do u know what cheek highlighter/product they used on you it looks stunning??? xxxx
    fab piccies. love the whole look of the wedding. do u know what cheek highlighter/product they used on you it looks stunning??? xxxx
    sorry got happy clicking.reapeat post

[Modified by: origin79 on February 24, 2008 10:14 AM]
    Thanks Origin79, she used a bronzer duo in a pink rather than brown shade on my cheeks (I think it was Mocha Mocha) and a highligher (Mineral Sheer Radiance in Angel) on my cheek and brow bones. I liked them so much I bought them too, I just hope I can apply it as well as she did!