Names on invitations and place cards

misscheapmisscheap Posts: 364
Are you writing peoples full names on their invitations and place cards or just their first names?

When comes to Aunts and uncles should you address them as that on invites / place cards

Are you giving invites to your mums and dads?

On the top table do you put place cards for mum and dad or do you put "mother of the bride" and so on

I never thought arranging a wedding would bring up so many questions about every little thingimage

• NurcinEnverNurcinEnver Posts: 421
    I don't know what the etiquette is, but I;m going to put full names on the place cards, and will write my mum's name on her place card rather than mother of the bride. i think for me and h2b, I'll put bride and groom though. Each to their own i guess.

I;m also planning to give invites to parents, bridesmaids etc.
  • SusanWukSusanWuk Posts: 196
    I'm not sure what the correct etiquette for it is, but we're sending invitations to both our parents as ell as the few guests that we're inviting too. We were a biut unsure about whether the invitations should be address to mum and dad or their christian names, so we checked with H2B's mam and she said go for their christian names (we're hosting the wedding ourselves).

We're putting christian names on the place settings too (we've only 21 going). The only names we're doing different is my uncles are both called William, so one place card says Willam B and one says William M. I think if you have a lot of people going though it'll be best to put surnames as well on the places settings.

Sus x
  • SusanWukSusanWuk Posts: 196
    I'm not sure what the correct etiquette for it is, but we're sending invitations to both our parents as ell as the few guests that we're inviting too. We were a biut unsure about whether the invitations should be address to mum and dad or their christian names, so we checked with H2B's mam and she said go for their christian names (we're hosting the wedding ourselves).

We're putting christian names on the place settings too (we've only 21 going). The only names we're doing different is my uncles are both called William, so one place card says Willam B and one says William M. I think if you have a lot of people going though it'll be best to put surnames as well on the places settings.

Sus x
  • clarissacakeclarissacake Posts: 368
    Hya

We only had a smallish wedding (50 guests) and we just put first names on every thing and we did the same as Sus79 if we had same names just put Mark R and Mark A.

C Xx