Ideas & pics of your sweetie tables please! What sweets?

wrichwrich Posts: 425
I have now decided to have a sweetie table at my reception, and hoping to keep it a surprise for H2B.

I have bought scoops from amazon, big bowls from an online shop called mashers, pink stripey paper bags from ebay.

Now all that is left is the best bit- the sweeties!!

I am having 120 guests, so how many sweets do you think i will need? I bought 8 big bowls to put them in.

I can get the sweets from costco, makro etc.

But i'm unsure which one's to get.

Has anyone bought theirs already, or has anyone had a sweet table and is willing to show me some pics as ideas?

Also, how did the sweetie table go at your wedding? did guests love it?

Any ideas, links, pics would be most apreciated!!!

• MrsP-CMrsP-C Posts: 8,370
    Hey Wrich, I don't have any pics for you yet , but mind if stay to see what everyones ideas are? x

So far I've got 6 nice jars from ikea with scoops, some old fashioned paper sweetie bags that we're going to use the silver butterfly stamp from my invites on , and various tubs and bowls to fill.

I was going to put a ribbon around the neck of each jar and a pretty label saying whats in it.. say ye olde jelly babies for example.

Swet wise so far we're thinking, haribo mix, jelly babies, dolly mixtures, smarties/MnMs, flying saucers, marshmallow twists, cola bottles, strawberry laces etc
  • wrichwrich Posts: 425
    Of course hun, the more the merrier!

I'm thinking of doing a little funky sign on the table something like "Mr & Mrs XXX candy shop please help yourselves"

Or something like that.lol.

yes i suppose you cant go wrong with the traditional pick n mix type sweets, and my fave pink shrimps! oohh and white or pink mice yummmm!!!

I'm so going to save a couple of bag fulls for me and h2b as i know the sweets wont last long!! haha..

Oh great idea about putting ribbons on the containers, i suppose i could put some around the edges of the big bowls i have ordered, and ,maybe on the scoop handles too.

How are you going to make the pretty labels?

do you think things like large plain gift tags jazzed up a bit would look good?

oohh it's going to look so nice, plus i'm having

cupcakes too as the wedding cake so it's all going to look so pretty and yummy!!!

Any more ideas, on how to set it all up etc would be helpful i've seen some google images of them but they look so professional i hope i can make mine look so good too!
    H2b is a graphic designer so we'll be designing and printing the labels ourselves to match the table name cards etc hes already done.

Gift tags would be great too! could yoy tie them in with the invites, placecards etc?
  • 4months4months Posts: 555
    hello - im just looking into this idea.

go to the website - quarterof.co.uk - retro sweets which are very reasonable !!

Also - sweetsformysweets.co.uk - they do all the jars sweets etc but there are lots of photos for inspiration !! xx
    I've been looking at sweet websites, after all the searching around i did for the favour chocoltae gold foil balls months ago, it is slowly driving me mad!

I may look in costco and makro as they do huge tubs of haribo etc quite cheaply too and then i wont have to pay postage.

I could make the gift tags quite nice with the same details and sparkly bits as my invites etc, so they will look quite sweet i think.

Just when i had organised most things, i thought of this sweetie table idea, so more planning and making things to do now!!

I am going to try to keep it secret form H2B as he isn't coming to set up the venue the night before wedding, so it will be a nice surprise as he loves sweets!!!

So excited now!

When are your weddings ladies?

Also i will prob sell the scoops and bowls if anyone wants them after august 15th!

• aimismartukaimismartuk Posts: 151
    You girls have convinced me to have a swwtie table now!! Love the idea of a pick and mix.

wrich - give me a shout when you've finished with your scoops and bowls and as long as i havent been on a splurge that week i will buy them off you.

Where has everyone got the jars from??

I got these ones from ikea for 89p each and will be filling bowls and glasses too.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00030262

As our table names relate to Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy , vogon poetry, 42 , heart of gold etc I'm nw thinking of doing something simillar with the sweetie labels..pan galactic jelly babies anyone? image

I'll have all my jars etc to get rid of after september 12th x
    Quoted:
    You girls have convinced me to have a swwtie table now!! Love the idea of a pick and mix.

wrich - give me a shout when you've finished with your scoops and bowls and as long as i havent been on a splurge that week i will buy them off you.

Where has everyone got the jars from??

of course hun, i will save this page as a fave so i remember you asked me first about scoops and bowls.

these are the bowls i got-

http://mashers.co.uk/acatalog/Clear_Serving_Bowls.html?gclid=CIiB_8nx5JoCFUF_3godDz2sAw

i think the sweets will look quite nice in see-through bowls and with ribbon around the edges.

you may not want the bowls, but they are very cheap to buy these one's for 8 of the biggest one's it cost me £6 inc p&p.

and scoops on amazon-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0009JM8P2/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p79_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0V572XQW7SAAMEMDWZ05&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

being that cheap for them all, i would only ask for postage form you xxx