Photographs

2»

• blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,070
    Just read over these posts again and realised that my photographer really is expensive image I'm even more worried now. Is 2500 (ish) too much? Booked and paid deposit now so maybe it's too late for me to worry but I can't help it. xx
  • craftycharlicraftycharli Posts: 3,175
    Hey Jules I wouldn't worry if it was researched then there will be a reason for it being so expensive and if like you say you've booked and paid deposit then I wouldn't panic. Our Photographer is £1500 - that's for all the work on the day (actually we get 2 photographers so while one is doing the traditional poses etc the other can take shots of people from somewhere else so we get the poses and the more natural look which will be great) and one album for us. But by the time we have paid from an album for each of the sets of parents and if we want any enlargements for frames etc (I say 'if' but it will be when really) and we have decided to get all the proofs so we have all the photos taken - it has added another 5-600 so really it is £2000. And we're in the north east and not at peak time so don't think about the price think about the wonderful memories that money is buying you-that's how i look at it!
    s'pose so but I'm still worried! They keep all the proofs and have copyright. I was hoping it was because theres two of them but that theorys gone now! We only get 100 pics and their services from prep to 1st dance for 2350 which I really think is too much. Wish I hadn't left research to h2b! He knows about photography but isnt so good on the research front. They seem to be good but sure we could have got equally as good for less pennies!Oh and it's not including the 800 quid for the parents albums. I know what you mean about the memories so will just have to try to forget the price... xx
    Ours DON'T stay to the first dance - only up until the recieving line and start of sit down meal so we have to do something else for piccies of guests at the tables, cutting the cake, speeches first dance etc. We don't get copyright either but guests can buy off the photographer themselves. I kind of agree that it does seem expensive - have you spoken to h2b about why he particularly chose them??
    Just asked him and he said it ws because he wasn't impressed with any of the other photographers we looked at but I don't think we looked at enough. Hate the fact they have copyright. Doesn't seem right somehow. They are very good though, thats the thing. I can't fault their style or anything just the price. xx
    I don't particularly mind about the copy right issue but I do LOVE the photographers we have gone for. We only looked at and talked to this ONE but he was just brilliant he had loads of sample albums fromt he venue we have booked which also helped and I have been happy with everything he has done for us already so I feel really confident in him. If you are feeling this uneasy about it may be it is worth having a bit more of a look around? Not to put an entire dampener on things but my friend who got married 2 summers ago ended up taking their photographer to court cos they were so dissappointed int he service and photos. They won and have been paid the price and damages back (well 2 years on they are still recieving monthly installments of it) but that does not really make up for the fact that the only wedding photos they have are ones taken by friends so it is worth making sure you are happy and going to get good results - as long as you are going to get what you wnat then go for it!!
    I'm happy with their service, album samples and style. It really is just the price. Seems a bit risky to lose the deposit and pay someone else if I don't like their photography as much xx
  • consider how much u are paying 4 everything - if u can afford & have a big enuf budget id say professional photographer all the way, u dont wana spend a fortune on ur big day 2 have crappy shots not doing it justice. however i dont have a big budget and we're paying as we go, so we're having a professional, but just 4 an hour (maybe 2 tops) 2 take more formal shots & i agree they take the strain off organising folks into groups. if its some1 u know ur more likely 2 "say in a minute". disposable cameras r good, however u may end up with pix of peoples unmentionables. we're scottish, there'll b lotsa kilts at our wedding (and drinking)! we're lucky cos my htb's dads a graphic designer & well handy with a camera also he's done work for our photographer so we're getn a discount! my sister, uncle etc are going 2 take photos casually, as will others. ask everyone 4 copies of good pix of ur day. also my sister got married 8 yrs ago & regrets getn the photographer, she says its a huge expense & in reality u dont look at ur photos much - she says she hasnt looked at hers since they got them. however i would still say go 4 a small package (cheaper, less time there) and gets additional pix from evry1 else. the reportage shots are often the best anyway
  • emmadavies1emmadavies1 Posts: 128
    Just wanted to thank you all for your advice and suggestions following me posting this topic. As a quick update, I contacted the photographer recommended by our venue again and he's agreed to take £300 off the price and stay for the evening for free (hurrah) so we're going the professional route. Think I'm going to adopt the hard negotiation stance for everything else I need to organise!
  • brilliant!!! glad you got the result you wanted