Forum home Planning

lotto tkts/ scratchcards ?

I really dont know what to have as favours !

I like the idea of scratchcards or lotto tickets which do you think is best ?

Or do you think traditional boxes are a must ?:\?

• Hi, I'm thinking of doing lottery tickets for the mens favours, in an envelope of some sort, with lucky in love written on them. Ladies will get charity pins in a lovely traditional box so you get the best of both. Most people are in couples anyway so 1 ticket per couple! xx
  • oooohhh i like that idea image and what a good way of thinking about them being in couples it didnt even cross my mind lol

The charity pins are fab as you are also giving your money to something useful instead of just sugared almonds for the sake of it

thank you very much you've got the cogs turning in my head now lol
  • Haha.. no problem, glad to be of some use! lol. I only decided at the weekend that I wanted favours as I went to my cousins wedding and they looked fab on the tables. When are you getting married? xx
  • Hi idont get married until 22nd may 10 but my mind is just full of wedding stuff it is driving me mad coz all the important things like flowers church hymns and my caterer are all like see you in the new year to discuss things and im thinking no now i need to get my head sorted lol .....when do you get married ? bet you was looking at every detail at you cousins wedding lol
  • That's not too long after me, I'm 6th March 2010 and it is coming around far too quickly!

Lol, yes I enjoyed every minute of my cousins wedding and appreciated every bit of detail the bride had put in! It was beautiful.

I'm MOH for my best friend in November too, can't wait..then it's the countdown to mine...oooh ours! lol!

So what have you got sorted so far then? most importantly do you have your dress?;\)
  • jodaho88jodaho88 Posts: 2,356
    I think lottery tickets are great if your wedding is on a Wed or Sat but any other day and it won't be as effective because they can't read out the numebrs and see if anyone has won! We're getting married on a Sunday and will be having scratch cards for the men- instant win!

• My bestmate did lucky dip lottery tickets as her favours and it was really great. After the draw her brother came in a stopped the music and announced the winning numbers (he's very theatrical it was really funny) and we all checked our tickets. Out of a room of 60 people no-one won anything not even a tenner which was a bit dissapointing, unless someone actually won the big one and just kept quiet about it in case we all asked for a share.
  • Hi, Im getting married in 7 weeks on saturday and was going to get lottery tickets for everyone as favours, i think its a fab idea image

My only problem is that I went out and bought all the favour boxes and made them all up thinking I would put chocs in them, and then discovered the candy bar idea, which I also want!! so now im giving lottery tickets and candy bar and need something inexpensive to put in all those little boxes!!!

Lets hope its me that gets one of those winning tickets lol

• I really dont know what to have as favours !

I like the idea of scratchcards or lotto tickets which do you think is best ?

Or do you think traditional boxes are a must ?:\?
    The charity pins are fab as you are also giving your money to something useful instead of just sugared almonds for the sake of it.