when you changing your name?

kelukkeluk Posts: 1,468
i was planning ontelling the bank ect on my return but are there any legal actions to be taken(in uk) reaagrding this as on honeymoon my name will have changed and my pasport has maidn name,i was planning on hanging that on my return as my passport runs out 2008 anywa.

• Well since I've booked my honeymoon in my married name I HAVE to change my passport before I go or they won't let me travel. I think I will write to bank etc before I get married to let them know that as of September 24 I will be changing my name.
  • juliabird1juliabird1 Posts: 158
    I will be notifying all the banks etc on my return from honeymoon. Theres a lot you cant do without the marriage certificate anyway. I made the decision to travel in my maiden name as I felt that another 50 quid on top of all the other expenses to change my passport was a bit unneccesary! We wil have the marriage cert to try and blag upgrades etc so passport isnt essential for that!
  • minsters041minsters041 Posts: 108
    I am moving to my married name on my passport and to travel on honeymoon, but the banks tell me I will have to use my cards in my maiden name whilst on honeymoon. It seems very frustrating that I can change my passport but not my bank cards!
  • LYNNIukLYNNIuk Posts: 1,046
    Before, it will be nice to travel on my married name! But also my boss married last year and has only just got round to changing her passport, however whilst it is in London she as tried to travel to Paris with just her driving licence and they wouldnt let her in the country!!! So i think before would be the sensible option for me image
  • kelukkeluk Posts: 1,468
    i find this a bit confusing as i want to i dont no what to do obvioulsy if you go on your honey moon the room and that will be bokked in mr/mrs,yet my passport will say my maiden name,however if i cahnge it my cards and when i pay for this will have maiden name.
  • juliabird1juliabird1 Posts: 158
    Kel to be honest as long as your signature matches whats on the card or you know the pin number for the bank card it could say 'Minnie Mouse' on it for all the retailers care! And youre not going to be whipping out your passport every time you use your card are you? So they wont know! If they do ask you will have marriage cert to show them anyway.
  • hlittlehlittle Posts: 445
    Kel the only think you need to be really sure of is that you airline tickets are booked in the same name as the passport you will be using.
  • CherrymaiCherrymai Posts: 185
    I think you can change your passport up to three months before the wedding but you cannot use the new one until your wedding day. I think it depends how long you have left on your passport to how much they charge you for the changes!