Can anybody recommend a wedding photographer in the Stockport / South Manchester Area?

Getting fed up now!

Can only find people who are either £300 or over £1500! there seems to be no middle ground!

Just need the ceremony and reception till the first dance

Thanks

• singo44singo44 Posts: 3,420
    im having neil redfern, hes won an award recently for best north west photographer. however he does charge around £1500, but in my opinion you get what you pay for. its a valuable memory so i didnt quible at the price - he's fantastic.

he's in Sale - have a look on his blog (were on it for our pre wedding shoot - kim & james)

• singo44singo44 Posts: 3,420
    NEIL REDFERN

he is doing ours - his work is fab and he recently won an award for wedding photography. he does cost around £1500 but i truley believe you get what you pay for. its a priceless keepsake.

hes in Sale, Manchester.

have a look at this blog (were on it for a pre wedding shoot, kim & james)he has lots of wedding snaps
  • mlturnermlturner Posts: 256
    hi

we have used Karen Julia Photography, lovely lady, range of reasonable packages and very talented image

Mel x
  • I agree with mel

we are having karen julia photography 2 shes is brill such a lovely lady makes you feel at ease and comfortable which i think is really important from a photographer

• MrandMrsLMrandMrsL Posts: 30
    We're having Evan Powell. Haven't actually met him yet because I live in London but he seems really nice and has been so helpful. image
  • Hello, we're using Mike at North West Photography http://www.northwestphotography.co.uk/

We met with him after looking at his portfolio on his website and were very impressed. He is based in Congleton but covers all of the North West (we're getting married near Stockport). He explained that he's not a sales man but a photographer so, at the time, he only had two packages - £1k or £2k - with different offerings. I notice that he now has a 'credit crunch' deal too. You get full copyright to do what you want with the pictures he takes so you can make up your own albums etc as you wish.

It turns out a couple we know through mutual friends also used him for their wedding earlier this year although we didn't know when we booked. Their photos are featured on his blog and they are fantastic!

When you look at what he offers, and factor in that he has a 'team' to cover him in the unlikely event he can't make it, we couldn't find better.

Good luck with your search!
  • There are lots of photographers in the middle of the prices you mention! I think a lot of the £1500 packages contain albums, which can put the price up quite a bit... good albums are not cheap unfortunately, but maybe go with a package that has digital files only to keep the price down just now?

Thank you to my two lovely customers above for recommending me! image I'm trying to work out who you are... I think I may be shooting one of your weddings tomorrow!!

...but if I'm not available on your date then try these guys (in similar sub £1000 price bracket to me):

Michele Jones

http://www.mjphoto.co.uk/index.php

Michele's a full time professional, really experienced & her work is quite natural / photojournalistic. She's lovely too!

Or, if you want more of a fashion feel, try Stuart at Digital Excel: http://www.digitalexcel.co.uk/wedding/index.html

Also, I can highly recommend Mike at North West Photography who was mentioned above also. His work is great, and he's a top bloke, really friendly, enthusiastic & passionate about his job. Exactly what you want in a wedding photographer!

All the best with finding someone suitable!

Karen image
  • I might as well give my photographer a little plug on here whilst we're at it!

www.emmabphotography.com based in Lancashire but covers whole of North West, she is really friendly and has a good range of reasonable packages, offers disc only packages with printing rights if you wanted to keep the cost down and decide on an album at a later stage or make your own.
  • MrsAussieMrsAussie Posts: 1
    My husband, Matt, is a photographer based in Hazel Grove, Stockport.

He has a range of packages which can be tailored to suit your needs - prices from £500 to £1800 depending what you want

His webpage is undergoing some changes at the moment but you can view examples of his work on:

http://matthewcouperphotography.zenfolio.com/

There is a specific album of wedding examples but you'll need to contact him directly for the password (sorry, I know it seems like a lot of hassle but it's to do with privacy)

Matt's email is [email protected]

If you like his work, get in touch for more details of his packages or just to have a chat. As we're so local it would be easy to meet up,

Thanks

Sian

PS If anyone is wondering, yes Matt is Australian!
  • alexcatterallalexcatterall Posts: 322
    My photographer was fabulous (Nicola Grimshaw-Mitchell) but she's one of the more pricey ones, but her new partner charges much less, worth a look as we had great service and amazing photos

http://www.ngmphotographic.co.uk
  • MrsRadcliffe1MrsRadcliffe1 Posts: 3,524
    Meeee, i'm not based in Manchester but happy to travel and I have a few lovely ladies from here who's weddings I am doing in that area.

If you are still looking for a photographer, have a looky on my website image www.amyradcliffephotography.com xx
  • mine covers your area:

www.thisisinnovation.co.uk

I know that because they showed me a slideshow from a wedding they had just covered in manchester

(not a new poster, just got locked out of my account for some reason!!)

xx
  • marparukmarparuk Posts: 265
    i can tell
  • project1pproject1p Posts: 14
    You could always swap something for one... Check this out - http://project1p.wordpress.com/2011/06/02/the-wedding-photographer-package/
  • You could try Paul Cooper and he throws in a free engagement shoot, his website is www.paulcooperphotographer.com, he did my friends wedding recently, she was very happy with the album, I think he is based in Cheshire, but he did my friends wedding in London, so he does travel.Good Luck
  • dreamdressdreamdress Posts: 97
    Thank you for all your responses.

I've now found a great photographer that im very happy with. xx
  • elkington1elkington1 Posts: 80
    were having NEW-Imaages.

the lady is really nice and I know they travel think they are yorkshire based.

The images in the gallery are stunning and good middle of the way price.

Not cheap and tacky and not over the top expensive either!

good luck
  • Hi, I am due to get married next year , and I am using www.smithandjenkins.co.uk they travel anywhere in the UK and are the cheapest prices I can find! Their examples are amazing!

Cant wait!

Good luck

Emilyroseb image
  • glad you have found your photographer dreamdress who did you go for in the end image
  • Hello to all, My name is Marie and I am starting as a wedding photographer and currently
    building my portfolio and creating a website. I am based in Manchester and could offer to take photos at your
    wedding free of charge, on the side of your personal wedding photographer.
    I will take few shots and will send them to you all retouched free of charge and in return,
    I could be able to put them on my website for my portfolio.
    If you are interested and having a wedding that coming up soon, or you know someone.
    please feel free to send me a text on 07866992927 or email -
    [email protected] for more details. Thank you, Marie

• cascaidcascaid Posts: 15

Hi ladies,

We are using Pixies in the cellar, based in Stalybridge but are willing to travel pretty much anywhere! http://www.pixiesinthecellar.co.uk/

• Hello

Im Steve, I am offering discount Photography service at present as I am building my portfoli.

I have a 

Sony Nex5 Camera with Various Lens

Panasonic Limix Fixed lens 4K

DJI Phantom 4 Advanced Fitted with a 4K Camera

If anyone is interested you can visit my website!

Info Website Https://www.hi-peak.co.uk

Client Website Http://clients.assfs.uk

Thanks

• There are lots of photographers in the middle of the prices you mention! I think a lot of the £1500 packages contain albums, which can put the price up quite a bit... good albums are not cheap unfortunately, but maybe go with a package that has digital files only to keep the price down just now?

Thank you to my two lovely customers above for recommending me! image I'm trying to work out who you are... I think I may be shooting one of your weddings tomorrow!!

...but if I'm not available on your date then try these guys (in similar sub £1000 price bracket to me):

Michele Jones
    http://www.mjphoto.co.uk/index.php

Michele's a full time professional, really experienced & her work is quite natural / photojournalistic. She's lovely too!

Or, if you want more of a fashion feel, try Stuart at Digital Excel: http://www.digitalexcel.co.uk/wedding/index.html

Also, I can highly recommend Mike at North West Photography who was mentioned above also. His work is great, and he's a top bloke, really friendly, enthusiastic & passionate about his job. Exactly what you want in a wedding photographer!

All the best with finding someone suitable!

Karen image
    I found this old old thread over a year ago and trusted Karen's advice. I contacted Michele Jones and she photographed my wedding on Saturday 3rd August 2019. The pictures are lovely and Michele made sure she captured our special day perfectly. Her prices are very reasonable and the quality of her work is very good. I would recommend! :) 

All the best with planning for your upcoming wedding days