What favours are you having???

Ladies,

what are you having for favours if any at all?

I'm struggling to decide. I've seen initial chocs on Thornton's website or Green and Blacks mini bars but just cant decide??

Any ideas welcome? Doesn't have to be choc's by the way!

Thank you,

Nic xxx

• mebananamebanana Posts: 114
    I'm making homemade blackberry whisky image
  • HannikinsHannikins Posts: 1,046
    I know you said no chocs but I saw these while I was planning and thought they were cute!

Other ideas I liked

These were mine

• I'm doing packets of seeds - most of our day guests have an interest in their gardens and hopefully it will serve as a more lasing reminder of the day rather than something that will just get thrown away.
  • we are going abroad for our wedding so trying to make it different but epically failing

so far i have the cellophane bags tied with a blue ribbon and a tag on there - will also show places - the girls are having a candle, possibly a bath bomb and another goodie like hand cream

the men are having a cigar and a miniature

the kids will have some sweets and a little bag of stuff to keep them amused
  • We are having a Candy Bar rather than favors!

My family and friends will just leave them or lose them. Least they they can eat of the go!

My amazing Daddy is making us a white Victorian style Cart

This will be our selection of sweets!

I brought 300 bags off ebay for £5!!

And 20 scoops off ebay for £20ish

And the will finish off each jar with a tag!!

We have the whole of our venue to just us and guests on the our wedding day! Everything is connected up, so the room just off the main room, is going to have our wedding cake, candy bar, choc fountain, we are going to pink up-lighters, to give it a real sweet look!

• bellingtonbellington Posts: 1,662
    For the ladys i am having the smallest Yankee candle.

And for the men, i was going to have Clarnico mints,

but i'm not sure now. May still stick with them. x image
  • I am seriously considering getting the Cancer research pin for my guests which comes with a little note saying the bride and groom have donated in your honour. I think favours are usually just thrown away so why not put the money you would have spent on sweets or chocolate towards a charity? Its such a nice gesture xxx
  • KLC27KLC27 Posts: 580
    I had miniture bottles of booze with a few chocolates in the bag with them and for the kids I had little champagne shaped bottles of bubbles, they both went down a treat!! To be fair it was an easy choice as we can get cheap alcohol so was a great way of saving money but looking like we had spent alot!! image
  • Quoted:
    I am seriously considering getting the Cancer research pin for my guests which comes with a little note saying the bride and groom have donated in your honour. I think favours are usually just thrown away so why not put the money you would have spent on sweets or chocolate towards a charity? Its such a nice gesture xxx

This is what we're doing as my dad, aunt & godmother have all died from cancer.
  • mrs gmrs g Posts: 194
    gingerbread men and ladies complete with dicky bow ties! they also double up as place cards image
  • We are having a local chocolatier make chocolate roses for the girls and chocolate cigars for the boys xx
  • my friend did lottery tickets for everyone for the Saturday before, didnt check them, then they read the numbers out on the day.
  • leighh5leighh5 Posts: 1,440
    I am having wine glass charms x
  • We are having slate coasters which are also acting as the place names (chalk pen on the slate looks lush)

Then, because I have a serious sweet tooth we are having gourmet jelly beans in a small handmade box (my mum makes these for a local charity)

I'm a little nervous that our guests will leave the slate coasters behind, might make a small tag that says take me with you!
  • NicH2B12NicH2B12 Posts: 164
    These are all very thoughtful ideas. I was all for not having any at all but OH seems to want to give something!!

Thank you for the lovely ideas ladies. xxx
  • Mmmmm gingerbread men!
  • Im having a chocolate themed wedding, so of course chocolate favours! Im trying to keep costs down and keeping things simple. I am opting for some small organaza bags in chocolate brown and im thinking a couple of small chocolates with possibly a verse from our first dance to personalise it.

Instead of flowers for gifts for guest such as bridesmaid, MOB etc im going to give a gift box of different types of chocolates image
  • Gabi_luGabi_lu Posts: 284
    my mother used to make wedding favours so is making me bonboniere for the women with sugared almonds which is an old italian tradition, the men will be having a miniature of penderyn whiskey . image
  • ARGH I dunno!!!!!!! image image
  • We're having chocolate leaves (one milk, white and dark for each person), which I'm going to make myself...I'm wondering now if I may have taken on too big a task!! I love the idea of having charity badge/pins and choosing a cause which is close to your heart image
  • We made cupcakes and iced them to match our Wedding colour scheme, they looked great in little clear boxes on the tables! I very nearly did the cancer research favours though, charity donations are a really nice idea, especially if its a cause that is close to you and your family.
  • We had cupcakes which were also our centrepieces and dessert! Bargain! image
  • cm_prcm_pr Posts: 339
    Cris is making stress balls out of balloons with each guests faces on.

Because I couldn't be bothered with favours!
  • we're having chocolate lollipops with guest names on so will double up as place names x
  • jo312jo312 Posts: 217
    I'm being controversial and not having any! Just spoken to so many ppl that have recently got married and unless you get something like sweet pick and mix they found that they all got wasted!