Cost of wedding stationary

Hi

we are getting married next year and wondered what the average price people pay? I have been quoted £400 for the following:

40 day invites (names printed)

20 evening invites (names printed)

40 save the dates 

80 order of service 

is this good value? What have people paid for theirs

thanks

Michelle

• VicNVicN Posts: 1,352

That sounds a lot to me, but I was so gobsmacked at the prices that I made my own! Cost me about £100 in total. 

I had lots of different inserts as we had a choice menu for day guests, different rsvps for day and night guests etc. 

I bought some 'butterfly' wallets and stuck some card in  the back that matched my colour scheme:

Then all the inserts went in, had printed them out on nice paper after making them on publisher, then they got sealed with a sticker and some ribbon. Got lots of compliments about them. 

• Michelle91Michelle91 Posts: 244

Thanks VicN. That look lovely. Did you order of service cost you much more. I really love the design of these and didn't think there was as many winter options for us. So thought these were a find.image

• Eugenia-Eugenia- Posts: 121

We used Vista Print to make our save the dates, cost about £8 for 100 I think. Also our menus for £10 for 10 (one on each table) and info sheets for guests (about £12) 

And designed and printed our invites with Planet Cards for about £85 for 80. 

I guess the only thing is that they're not all the same design, but similar colours which bring them all together. We weren't to fussed about them all matching, and we liked the contemporary look it. 

X

• VicNVicN Posts: 1,352

They are absolutely beautiful. I didn't have my heart set on a design as such but if you think they're worth it then go for it.

I had invitations for day guests, ones for night guests, menus, info cards with hotels and gift info on, rsvps for day guests and rsvps for night guests. We had 100 day and about 150 night guests so we were quoted similar, around £400-450.

I didn't have O of S as we didn't have a church ceremony so I had a big chalkboard with timings for things on. 

Save the dates, I bought a StD stamp from The English Stamp Company and stamped it in the Christmas cards of the people we were inviting 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

That sounds a lot to me, but I guess it depend how important invites are to you.

We paid £45 for our day invites (30) and £20 (40)  for the evening ones. These were our invites, I thought they were pretty good value and they are beautiful:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Festival-Shabby-chic-rustic-handmade-personalised-wedding-invitation-set-White-/221475090409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3390f1afe9

• Michelle91 wrote (see post):

Thanks VicN. That look lovely. Did you order of service cost you much more. I really love the design of these and didn't think there was as many winter options for us. So thought these were a find.image

Could I ask where you got these invitations from?

• Sorry Sarah have only just seen your email. We got these from Etsy