Wedding Insurance

sam79sam79 Posts: 160 New bride

Dear All,

Apologies if this is a question that has already been discussed, but I was looking to purchase insurance before I pay for any of our wedding suppliers for May 2017. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with either John Lewis or Debenhams wedding insurance? Struggling to decide which would be better to go with and there's a significant price difference between the two. 

Also, any recommendations of other companies would be really helpful too. 

Thanks for any help.

Sam

• Great timing I was gonna right a post on this as well. I have been looking at both and still not sure.

• i bought debenhams silver level and my future sister in law did the same when she got married. she didn't need to use it and we haven't had to use it so far but doing our comparisons it seemed to cover the most regarding what we were having.

• Raksha92Raksha92 Posts: 215 New bride

We bought ours from wedding plan. They have different levels and reasonably priced

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

I got WeddingPlan as well - but obviously cant comment as not had to claim!

• We are also still not sure about Debenhams or John Lewis. I tend to go for Deb is it is cheaper! Both are respectable companies, so I guess should not make much difference. 

• sam79sam79 Posts: 160 New bride

Decided to go with wedding plan as gave the best price. Hoping to never have to use it!! 

• Tlc83Tlc83 Posts: 25

Hi,

Just wondered when you actually purchase your wedding insurance? How soon is too soon?

• We went for wedding plan as well for same reasons. 

Our wedding is in December so still have just over 10 months to go. However starting to pay vendors for things soon and deposits so figured may as well buy it now 

• elsyelsy Posts: 533

We went for Debenhams in the end. Like you, we were torn between John Lewis and Debenhams. For us, both had very similar prices. The thing that swung it in the end was that Debenhams gave us a £10 voucher

Tlc83 - we bought wedding insurance just after we had booked our venue and photographer. Wedding is booked for March 2017. I don't think there really is a 'too soon'. We're obviously hoping that we don't have to use it but at least if something happens with one of our suppliers we're now covered.

• sam79sam79 Posts: 160 New bride

We decided to buy ours before we paid for anything so it's all covered if needed. And that was 15months in advance.

• hi there! We are payinf deposits for our wedding soon and wedding insurance was something I hadn't really thought of Until now. how much roughly does it cost for the insurance? I dont even know where to begin x

• Emily3012Emily3012 Posts: 13

I have been thinking about wedding insurance too...silly question, but do u have to pay monthly or is it a one off payment? Thanks!x 

• QueenDQueenD Posts: 325 New bride

It's a one off payment, at least for the Debenhams one that we went for.

Dont forget also to get it through the Topcashback website so you also get some cashback 

At the time, we had a £20 voucher as well from Debenhams but not sure if they still do it.

• CFWCFW Posts: 234

This may be a silly question, but I haven't arranged insurance yet (oops!) but have already booked my key suppliers, i.e. venue, band, photographer, humanist, etc. Does that mean they wouldn't be covered now if i did buy insurance?

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride
    CFW wrote (see post):

This may be a silly question, but I haven't arranged insurance yet (oops!) but have already booked my key suppliers, i.e. venue, band, photographer, humanist, etc. Does that mean they wouldn't be covered now if i did buy insurance?

It depends, some do cover payments made before. The one in looking at covers all prior payments as long as no single one is over £2000

• QueenDQueenD Posts: 325 New bride

Yes we had already booked a few vendors when we got the insurance, it is still covered so yes it depends on the insurance, it should it all in details in their terms and conditions