Forum home Planning

Wedding Video

Curl88Curl88 Posts: 70

Does anyone have any London/Essex based wedding videographers who will do a NORMAL film of the wedding rather than a beautifully shot piece that has music over the top the entire way through so that nothing can be heard.

Every videographer I have looked at seems to now be going down the line of great visual but music and no actual speech!

• Megan52Megan52 Posts: 4

Hi,

Did you ever find one like this? I'm after the exact same thing but the only ones I seem to find are either ridiculously expensive or just don't feel me with confidence. I'd like to have some sort of pre-wedding consultation but some of the cheaper ones (well they're still around £1000) don't seem to offer this.

Thanks!

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,888 New bride

We used - http://www.adamwaughvideoproductions.co.uk/index.html as he worked alongside our photographer (who is hubby's uncle)

He was very good and friendly!  We have some parts with music over the top but the main ceremony is as it was on the day.  He also got the speeches and first dance along with guest messages.

TBH I cannot remember what we paid as was all booked in advance of our wedding which was last year (I have the info at home I can come back and update) plus he gave us a discount for being family friend

Might be worth a look :) x

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • Curl88Curl88 Posts: 70
    Megan52 wrote (see post):

Hi,

Did you ever find one like this? I'm after the exact same thing but the only ones I seem to find are either ridiculously expensive or just don't feel me with confidence. I'd like to have some sort of pre-wedding consultation but some of the cheaper ones (well they're still around £1000) don't seem to offer this.

Thanks!

In the end I went with NDR films. Neil offers the choice between cinematic or reportage coverage and is sat at around £1250 as a starting point.

Also, all key moments such as ceremony and speeches are provided separate regardless of the editing style chosen, which I really liked.

My wedding is on Sunday so I can't comment on how it will turn out until after that!!!