Forum home Planning

First dance

MrsM16MrsM16 Posts: 316 New bride

What's everyone having for their first dance?  We keep changing our minds.  ARGH!  We get married in 16 days.  I think it's my hormones as I am pregnant, but every time I listen to our options I cry haha!!

• Haha I'm not pregnant but I still cry when I hear ours! We're having 1000 Years by Christina Perri. Probably the most cliche first dance song, but I really like it. When I hear the recording of our pianist playing it, it makes the wedding seem a lot more real.

• MrsM16MrsM16 Posts: 316 New bride

Oh that is a beautiful song!!  My other half really wants Whitney Houston, run to you.  We love it.  But I am concerned the words are not quite right for a first dance? X

• Sarah671Sarah671 Posts: 465 New bride

I think we are having iris by the googoo dolls but we change our minds so many times it could be something different next week!

• _Donna__Donna_ Posts: 53 New bride

We're having Queen-you're my best friend. 

• MrsH12MrsH12 Posts: 534 New bride

we are having over and over again my Nathan Sykes ft Ariana Grande

• Were having John Legends all of me, And Having Christina Perri a thousand years (the piano guys) for my walk down the aisle.

Get married on 3rd september Cant Wait!! 

• Lisa1520 I'm doing it the other way around and getting married on 2nd September (next year). So weird! :)

• PengAlyPengAly Posts: 26

At the moment we are having Just a Kiss by Lady A...but not too sure how to dance to it as the rhythm changes!

• MrsG2bxxMrsG2bxx Posts: 868

At the moment we are having 'Make it to me' by Sam Smith as that's our song and feels right that we have it.  Although we both really love Mumford and Sons and keep getting tempted to have something by them! xx

......I did was 'Lets Marvin Gaye and get it on' by Charlie Puth but everyone is saying it is inappropriate!! hahaha!! xx

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Not decided yet but our list of possibilities we both like consists of All Of Me by john legend, weve listened to what feels like thousands of songs!

He wants something everyone will know, where as I tend to like more obscure songs. So yeah, how will we ever narrow down our list 😂

• Bims09Bims09 Posts: 240 New bride

Not a clue as we don't really have an 'our song'... I think I'd like something a bit more upbeat but there's so many to choose from!

• MsJPtoBeMsJPtoBe Posts: 28

We are having 'beautiful war' by kings of Leon. Not a typical love song but it is our song and it's a good tempo to sway to! 

• We re thinking dancing in the moonlight by top loader, probably the acoustic version:) 

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,654 New bride

We're having Wings by Birdy. The only song we can both agree on!

• Fiona98Fiona98 Posts: 429 New bride

We are having the vitamin string quartet instrumental version of God only knows by the beetles (I think). (the one from love actually). My other half picked it. It's his favorite film. X

• CE26CE26 Posts: 351 New bride

We're having the Eagles, Love Will Keep Us Alive....committed to it now as we've told the band so no changing our minds :) 

• We're having The Courteeners - Take Over The World. One of few bands we both like, one of the first things I ever bought him was a Courteeners t-shirt when I saw them at Benicassim, he still wears the thing. It's a very us song haha.

• MC98MC98 Posts: 211

We're having Baby, I'm Yours by the Arctic Monkeys- although you'd never guess it was them to listen to it haha! It's nice and short (a must for us lol), and the lyrics are just lovely :) 

We get married in 9 sleeps (gaaaaahd!!!!) and I still haven't picked a walking down the aisle, or signing the register songs for our harpist- if I can come up with one for walking down the aisle we may just tell her to use artistic license for the pieces during the ceremony haha

• MoggleMoggle Posts: 556 New bride

We're having Walking on the Waves by Skippinish - still haven't quite worked out how we're going to dance to it... It's not exactly a slow dance!

• SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 102

I honestly don't know what we are having, I asked oh to surprise me. So it's either going to super soppy earth angel from back to the future as he mentioned it would be our wedding song almost ten years ago when we watched it together for the first time, if he remembers that is! Or it'll be Boston more than a feeling as we were going to have a first song on rock band instead but later had to scrap it as hiring the kit took us too far over budget....but I might be wrong and he'll pick some hilarious parody song! I can't wait to find out! Xx

• MrsMannMrsMann Posts: 757 New bride
    Lisa1520 wrote (see post):

Were having John Legends all of me, And Having Christina Perri a thousand years (the piano guys) for my walk down the aisle.

Get married on 3rd september Cant Wait!! 

I love the piano guys! I was going to have that but then my mum said some people might not know what it is and the words are lovely which is true but I still think their version is so beautiful!!