Forum home Planning

Ideas for entrance hall at reception

susan28susan28 Posts: 268

Hi there,   I am helping plan my daughters wedding next August, 12 months to go! . :-)  (I' am a very excited mother of the bride after being a bride again myself last year)!  Her reception venue is a rugby club. The function room and grounds are fine but entrance to the club is a typical social club entrance,  ie shabby painting,   posters, trophies, notices etc.  Toilets are there too so unavoidable area.    Any budget ideas how to dress this area up a bit and hide the ugly walls?

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Hmm not really, could you make some drapes out of cheap thing material and hang them in front of whats already there? or a table in the middle with a big flower arrangement that the eye is drawn to as people walk in? Maybe the seating plan or something too? to detract attention?

• K1984K1984 Posts: 88

You can get some really lovely hanging decorations that cover walls (a bit like an old fashioned dangling beads people had in doorways but tasteful!). Have a look on not on the high street for inspiration and then get searching amazon and ebay for more reasonably priced options.