Forum home Planning

I am getting married in 14 days!

MrsM16MrsM16 Posts: 316 New bride

EEKK 14 days time and I'll be Mrs M!

I still have loads to do.  I am also nearly 15 weeks pregnant and still feeling rough and being sick daily!

I still need to decorate some bottles, print out some bits for the tables, get some music onto a CD for the church, find some wooden photo frames, get photos printed, sort out table orders, print the table plans, paint my cake stand....... I am sure there is more ................  Oh yea and not stress about being sick on the day

We have no organisers at the venue (it's a blank canvas place) so I also need to sort out logistics!!

I had a bit of a panic attack this morning, I think it's all becoming a bit much for me

And I am so scared I'm going to forget something!!!

Where is everyone else with their planning?

X

• Bizzle2Bizzle2 Posts: 8

I'm in the same boat! nearly 3 weeks to go tomorrow and I still need to do the table plan, get  table numbers printed, place cards, order balloons and chase the last few RSVP's.

I have the bridesmaid dresses now. They were being sent from China so it's a relief they've arrived on time!

I'm sure everything that you're stressing about will come together in the end :-)

• I have no words of wisdom. I just wanted to say good luck and I hope you have an amazing day, I'm sure it will be perfect :)

• Mrs K!!Mrs K!! Posts: 664

OMG sooo exciting!!!

We are having a blank canvas place so logistics has been the biggest panic to me too so completely understand!!! Get your girls to help with all your diy and photo bits, take some stress off!!

We are getting married 1st October so are counting down the days too!!

It will all fall into place just breath, delegate and pour some wine!! xxx (that's my coping mechanism)!!!

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Sit down and make a list, start from the day before of all the things you need to get to/ set up at the venue, it might freak you out seeing it all written down, but then you will know what needs doing, and be able to cross stuff off and delegate, and will feel calmer and more in control seeing everything written down and getting done.

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Ooo how exciting. I agree, get all the thoughts in your head out on paper and work through them one by one. You'll be fine. 

Re. the sickness, have you tried acupressure bands. Mostly used for travel sickness but can really help with pregnancy sickness too. You can get them from boots, just make sure they are adjustable as opposed to elastic so that you can get them nice and tight. You can wear them in the lead up and morning of your day and hopefully you will feel better!

• Hello All

I am fashion designer based in Birmingham City Centre. I currently have a range of different workshops which allow you to make a product and take with you while I provide you will all the equipments  and materials. As well as this its a great way to do an activity which could also be a part of your big day. We mostly make small fashion accessories  which you create for the big day or just keep it as a memory. Workshops can be personalise to your preference or linked into your big day if you have a particular theme or a concept which you may have. Work shops can arranged to suit your times. Please visit my website (www.shahzana-ashiq.com) to see some of the times which I have or contact me on social media shahzana.ashiq.official .