Forum home Planning

Picture Collage

Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

I see people putting together collages of their favourite pics to create mood board etc....

I want to do this but no idea how to as I am a bit of a newb when it comes to learning new things on technology! HELP!

• Sophie177Sophie177 Posts: 190

Hi Jenni

You'll need to create yourself a Pinterest account (https://uk.pinterest.com/) Then simply follow the instructions to create your own.  If you have pipctures saved to your pc/laptop already, you can load those onto a board, or you can "pin" images from websites.  Its quite an intuitive site to use i think... Easy to create lots of different boards .  i have mine all set to private, but you can allow certain people to see them, such as hairdresser or flower people when you have ideas its great to show them so they can see what you're thinking of.

Its also very addictive... somehow i created a board just a cute cats/kittens!!! ;)

Hope that helps!

x

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I have an app called photo collage. Just collect photos if things you like, saved to your phone. Go on the app and its self explanatory, very easy.

Its been my most used planning tool, forget spreadsheets and boring things like that, the collage is vital 😂

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Thanks both! 

Sophie - I have a pinterest account and lots of wedding related boards (what bride-to-be in the right mind doesn't?! ) but I mean a single JPEG image of lots of different pics set in positions that I put them in if that makes sense. Does pinterest have a function to create these? I'll have a look now. 

MrsJohnston - I never thought of an App! I have a windows phone and the app store is pretty useless, to the point that I cant even find a countdown to my wedding app on there! However, H2B has given me his old android phone to use which is better then my phone I just haven't been bothered to set it up yet. The need to have wedding collage's might spur me on -thanks!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

With the app i use the collage saves to the phone, just as a normal image, so yes it could be printed. I havent printed any, but i do show the collages to suppliers so they can see the colours and the overall look.

You can arrange them how you like to an extent. Theres different layouts depending on how many photos you use, and you can mive the photos between each frame to suit.

Theres 2 ive made to show how the photos can be laid out differently, in different sizes etc. You can change the frames as well, and I used to be able to add text but it seems ive forgotten how!

Oh And you can zoom in on a particular part of the photo or move it around within its frame, like on the last collage i zoomed in To just show the bouquet, and the flower on the dress.

Yes MrsJonhston actually it was your colour boards that made me want to do it. I'm gonna have to change my phone. Unless it is available for PC.....heading to google.

Well photo collage worked on the PC woop woop! I've done it yay - see my planning thread over the next few days for the results!! They're not particularly artistic as I was in a rush but I think they look perfect!