Forum home Planning

Breakfast/Food the morning of the wedding

MrsDtoBMrsDtoB Posts: 100

im just wondering what people are organising for breakfast the morning of the wedding?

There will be 4 bridesmaids and my mum getting ready with me at my home and it's an early start for hair and makeup so I want to provide breakfast and maybe a light lunch for everyone whilst we get ready. 

I was planning on ordering some food in or something because no one will have time cook but not sure what's best. 

What are you planning? Or what did you do on your wedding day? 

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride

I'm planning on maybe ordering a platter of sandwiches and fruit from Waitrose and picking it up the day before the wedding, and maybe adding some other little nibbles. I don't think I'll want much but there'll be 3 bridesmaids, their husbands, my parents and 3 little kids around- so best to provide something! Easier to order it from waitrose or M&S than make it yourself :)

• Tesco does a great order service called Easy Entertaining. You can personalised what you want & the deliver it to you in a 1 hour slot like normal groceries. My mum uses it and the food is great.

• I've placed a Tesco order for the day before my wedding and ordered the following, my rationale is that people can help themselves.

Nature Valley Snack Bars

Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries

Yogurts

Smoothie

Juices (Orange and pineapple)

Plain croissants

Pain au Chocolate

Chocolate Croissants

Fresh baked loaf of bread (for toast with jam or marmite / or for sandwich for ham and cheese)

Ham & cheese

Biscuits

• we're staying at the venue the night before so think i ll book the buffet breakfast for the bridesmaids.

• MrsDtoBMrsDtoB Posts: 100

Thanks everyone!

I'm going to look into ordering some food from Tesco or Waitrose as they sound like good options. I was also thinking of checking whether my local café might deliver to give us something substantial to start the day.

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Im going to get in loads of pancakes, croissants, and these amazing brioche loaves from aldi that come in chocolate or vanilla flavour, plus loads of strawberries and spreads.

Looking forward to this breakfast more than the actual wedding breakfast!

• rachietownrachietown Posts: 125

I got lots of cereal bars, dried fruit, nuts and little pastries so that we could nibble while getting ready. Everyone was so excited that they didn't want to eat a proper breakfast but it was good to make sure we ate before the wedding so I would definitely say little items are better and plenty of bucks fizz!

• NightsparkNightspark Posts: 566

Venue are providing Danish pastrys and a bit of fizz for me and my two bridesmaids and two mothers. I figure a light breakfast would be wise! 

• Emily54Emily54 Posts: 266 New bride

I got ready at the venue but didn't stay there over night. I'm going to completely lower the tone and admit that I had a McDonalds breakfast. Nothing like a sausage and egg mcmuffin to get your ready for your wedding 😂😂 X 

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,654 New bride

Emily - nothing about a McDonalds breakfast lowers the tone! As I was reading this thread I was thinking I'd love a sausage and egg bagel on the morning of my wedding. 

• lubeslubes Posts: 1,555

Emily, I am totally with you on that...if only there was a Maccy's near me!

I didn't need to get ready until 9am so I booked a breakfast at a local hotel with my dad. One thing I wasn't going to do on the morning of our wedding was cook!

My bridal party got ready at our home and my mum ordered some platters from our local deli - they are the way forward! We had some sandwiches, fruit and sausage rolls. My bridesmaids and mum ate the majority which was a good thing as I completely lost track of time and had to shove a cheese roll and a sausage roll in my mouth pretty much simultaneously to stay on schedule!

One thing I will encourage you ladies to think about is your suppliers. I know they might not be your responsibility so to speak, but my photographer in particular was grateful of the offering of a few nibbles considering that he technically worked right over lunch and didn't get a chance to eat until our wedding breakfast at half five. x