Forum home Planning

Kids!

Helen225Helen225 Posts: 861 New bride

Hi all,

We have a few kids coming to our wedding and I know NOTHING about kids . I always kinda assumed I'd get some of those personalised colouring books etc but I've just realised that some of the kids will be less than 18 months old, which I think means they're too young to colour. What else could I do? Could they colour? Two of the under 18 months old are babies of the wedding party so if anything, I need to super entertain these kids! Just from a count up, we've got....

- four under 18 months old,

- one 3-year old,

- one 7-year old,

- one 10-year old,

- then 12-year old triplets (do 12 year olds still need entertaining?). 

Thank you!!

• Helen225Helen225 Posts: 861 New bride

Just to clarify, these are kids that are coming to the whole day, not just the evening. 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

My son is 18 months he will scribble a bit but a colouring book would be wasted on him. He loves bubbles, but shrieks "bubus!" Repeatedly so not good for quiet moments. Tbh the only thing that keeps him quiet is food or a tablet/phone.

I would expect the parents to think ahead with the younger ones, I cant go anywhere with a bag full of things for him.

The older ones will like the colouring, 12 year olds will be too old for it though I think.

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

I agree about the colouring book - my niece has just turned 2 and whilst she would scribble for 2 mins she's not that bothered. I would expect a parent of an 18 month old to bring toys to entertain them! At that age you can't really take them to a dinner etc without bringing things for them to look at/play with! 

This helps loads thank you! Okay so at the very least I could do bubbles as 'favours'. Keep the ideas flowing! 

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

sorry I posted mid writing! 

If you did want to get something I would suggest little cars, wooden food/toys (my niece has always loved a pretend cake- she has a tea set and we always ask her to get tea and cake!) normal books with lots of pictures, bubbles. I find at that age they are talking/starting to more and anything that they can explore or talk about is good! 

I like the car idea as all the ones under 18 months are boys (how sexist ). What about if I could find like a read along book that's about weddings or something? Naff?