Wedding invitations to parents

MrsLjCMrsLjC Posts: 1,225 New bride

I've been putting off the task of writing the invitations as I get so stressed with writing them. The latest is I'm not sure if the invitations to our parents should have their names or "mum and dad"? I naturally didn't think of putting their full names but now I'm thinking of it is that not right? 

• CE26CE26 Posts: 349 New bride

We put mum and dad on ours, and gran, grandpa and nanna for my grandparents. 

However on the table plan and place cards we'll be using their first names. 

• Samantha86Samantha86 Posts: 210

i think it's not too formal for our parents

• _Donna__Donna_ Posts: 53 New bride

I put full names, we only gave them an invitation as a keepsake as they didn't actually need one so it was the same layout and look as everyone else's 

• MrsLjCMrsLjC Posts: 1,225 New bride

Thank you everyone for your replies. I asked them and we went for mum and dad 

• BekhaGBekhaG Posts: 586 New bride
    _Donna_ wrote (see post):

I put full names, we only gave them an invitation as a keepsake as they didn't actually need one so it was the same layout and look as everyone else's 

We did the same, put their full names and included everything all the other guests got e.g. gift list info, day/ venue info and directions etc. It was a keepsake really but would have felt odd writing 'mum and dad' so put their full names.

• MrsLjCMrsLjC Posts: 1,225 New bride
    BekhaG wrote (see post):
    _Donna_ wrote (see post):

We did the same, put their full names and included everything all the other guests got e.g. gift list info, day/ venue info and directions etc. It was a keepsake really but would have felt odd writing 'mum and dad' so put their full names.

This is what I love about wedding planning that everyone is different - I didn't feel right putting full names with it being a keepsake. Thanks for your input ladies.