Wedding reading stress

MrsM16MrsM16 Posts: 316 New bride

So i picked a reading called I will be here by Steven Curtis Chapman which i found online and hubby to be and I both love. Now hubby to be is saying it's weird to get someone to read it because it's like we should be saying it to each other!! I didn't think it was a problem. It's now in my order of service and everything. The wedding is Sat. Do you think this it weird? I am panicking! 

• MrsM16MrsM16 Posts: 316 New bride

• I don't think it's weird if someone else reads it, as long as they read it with heart felt intention behind it. I went to a wedding a couple of months ago with a similar sort of reading but it came across because you knew the couple had picked it.

You're just freaking out because it's so close, take a deep breath and relax. It's going to be the most wonderful day 

• As far as I'm aware, wedding readings are normally things that sound like the bride & groom are saying it to each other? At least all the ones I've seen online when looking for inspiration follow that pattern. It's weird, granted, but I think that's just how wedding readings work.

• Sophie177Sophie177 Posts: 190

so beautiful and romantic.  I don't think its weird at all to have someone else read it.  2 of our readings are similar, in that it "should" be read to each other, but a third person is reading it.

have a wonderful day on Saturday  x

• CE26CE26 Posts: 349 New bride

I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you love the sentiment of it. You've chosen a reading that expresses your thoughts and feelings, and someone else is just reading it on your behalf. 

We've chosen a reading called 'I love you because...' - OHs Dad is going to read it but we haven't thought that it's a problem. I doubt I could read it anyway..it makes me cry! 

Hope you have a fab wedding! 

• The person reading it can just say before starting something like 'The Bride and Groom have chosen a poem to be read on their behalf'. 

• MrsM16MrsM16 Posts: 316 New bride

Thanks so much ladies. Knew you would all put my mind at rest xx