Has anybody had a sweet table at their wedding?

Anybody have any tips to share? 

I've decided to have a sweet table instead of having a buffet in the evening so want to have a pretty big table full and something for everybody, we're having doughnuts as our wedding cake so we may also have cupcakes on the table. 

• CE26CE26 Posts: 349 New bride

We're having a sweet and savoury buffet...we've chosen a selection of pick and mix type items, plus some party rings (love them) and then we're adding a couple of savoury items for those who'd prefer that sort of thing.

At the moment we're looking at chip sticks, and then either pretzels, mixed nuts, savoury popcorn or mini-cheddars. Still got to decide!

• CE26 wrote (see post):

We're having a sweet and savoury buffet...we've chosen a selection of pick and mix type items, plus some party rings (love them) and then we're adding a couple of savoury items for those who'd prefer that sort of thing.

At the moment we're looking at chip sticks, and then either pretzels, mixed nuts, savoury popcorn or mini-cheddars. Still got to decide!

That sounds like a great buffet, especially party rings they bring back fond memories of my childhood :) I m a bit of a fussy eater so most savoury things I'm not a fan of (can't stand nuts or cheese) Where are you going to buy the food from if you dont mind me asking? 

• CE26CE26 Posts: 349 New bride

We got ours from a Lidl, Poundland and Iceland. It just depends on exactly what you want and where is doing it for the best price.

In hindsight we should have started at Poundland...they had everything for 90p today so would have worked out a bit cheaper on some bits we'd already bought. However we're only talking of a couple of pounds saving so it hardly breaks the bank. 

Dont forget to check the weights when you're comparing prices...for example we found that at first glance bags of Haribo were cheaper in one place but that's because they were the smaller 125g bags and not the larger 220g ones. 

It's also worth trying to judge just how much your jars will hold. I think we'll have a fair bit left over that won't go into the jars. We were able to stuff 3 full bags of wine gums into one of the jars as a test (wrappers all on) and we reckon another would go in once the wrappers are removed...however we have 6 bags.