Share you first dance song...

As the title says... Interested to know what everyone is having

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 856 New bride

We are having Thin Lizzy - Dancing in the Moonlight 

x

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

This is the only piece of music H2B have decided on for the whole day! Your song - the Moulin rouge version.

• Wibble2017 - love that, great song!
  • Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 586 New bride

We're going to have ed sheeran/rudimental - lay your love on me :)

• Jenni8 - We have loads of songs that we want to be included in the day - we've decided for walking down the aisle, while signing the register, during reception drinks and quite a few songs that we want our DJ to play later, but haven't found 'the one' for that special first dance yet..

• MoggleMoggle Posts: 556 New bride

We're having Skippinish - Walking on the Waves  Haven't quite worked out how we're going to dance to it, the chorus especially is way jauntier than your standard slow first dance! 

• sonia9sonia9 Posts: 243

Love you baby - Frankie Vali xx

• MrsCFMrsCF Posts: 155

We had Kodaline 'The One'

• MrsMc28MrsMc28 Posts: 61

Hah no idea yet.

I'd like Ed Sheeran - Perfect 

OH wants proclaimers - 500 miles - for everything! I'd be sick of the song by the end of the night!

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 722 New bride

Tom Odell; Grow old with me, which is our second song.

Our actual song is Sweet Child O'Mine Guns 'n' Roses, not actually the mushiest of songs so I have arranged in secret for it to be played as I walk down the aisle by our string duo. Which will blow h2bs mind...in a good way I hope. It should sound something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4bJdiRcOiU

• Victoria197 - Love your choices and how lovely to have a surprise for the hubby!

Tom Odell - Grow old with me is actually on our maybes list. It's lovely isn't it. We saw him live together on a date once and it was beautiful!

• Mrs NeekMrs Neek Posts: 445 New bride

Hubby picked Charlie Wilson - You Are, needless to say the song had me bawling! x  

• LeeLawLeeLaw Posts: 107 New bride

We're having Rusted Root - Send me on my way (song from Matilda) so random but we love how upbeat it is!

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,961 New bride
    Jenni8 wrote (see post):

This is the only piece of music H2B have decided on for the whole day! Your song - the Moulin rouge version.

I love this choice! I made h2b watch Moulin Rouge the other day as he's never seen it! Wheras I've only watched it 8 million times lol. He tried to talk during the 'your song' scene which is maybe the best scene! So he got told haha. Pretty sure he shed a little tear at the end too.

We took ages to decide and had to practice to our short list. If you are stuck then I'd recommend doing this, practicing made us change our mind from what we thought we'd pick! Some songs just felt better to dance to than others.

We are having Still Into You- Gareth Bush (cover of the paramore song). Very nearly went for a Joshua Radin cover of My First My Last My Everything- youtube it as its beautiful. I really favoured it for the first dance but the Gareth Bush one was easier to dance to and h2b preferred it.

• August18August18 Posts: 247

Slightly controversial/alternative we're having chase and status Alive... think my nan may have a heart attack when she finds out on the day!!! 

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,653 New bride

Love a bit of Chase and Status! 

We are without a song with only 2 weeks until the big day!! 😱

• Helen225Helen225 Posts: 861 New bride

I think queen you're my best friend. We don't really do dancing (in public!) but didn't want to just away so I think we may subject our nearest and dearest to our duck face pratting around dancing (obviously not full full on!)! 

• EmmyGeeEmmyGee Posts: 102

We're having Kings of Leon - Use Somebody 

We went on a date to see them years ago and it takes me straight back to him having his arms draped over me during this song. Also remember that during the song I noticed Caleb had his flies undone and I could see his pants (good memories) 

Moggle wrote (see post):

We're having Skippinish - Walking on the Waves  Haven't quite worked out how we're going to dance to it, the chorus especially is way jauntier than your standard slow first dance! 

Just listened to this and I think it will be such so lovely!!!

Sammykate wrote (see post):

I love this choice! I made h2b watch Moulin Rouge the other day as he's never seen it! Wheras I've only watched it 8 million times lol. He tried to talk during the 'your song' scene which is maybe the best scene! So he got told haha. Pretty sure he shed a little tear at the end too.

How very dare he talk!!

H2B told me very early on in our relationship that he had a secret place in his heart for 2 slightly girly films - Moulin Rouge and Love Actually lol. So this is kind of the closest we have to a song, as we both love that bit and I have sung along to it (at him) a number of times - he just laughs lol, no idea why as I am an awesome singer...

I LOVE that cover of still into you. Definitely having this played not long after our first dance.

• LittlespiceLittlespice Posts: 665

Some great choices ladies! I love tom odell.

We are having diana ross when you tell me that you love me

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

We are having Ed Sheeran How would you feel.

• There were a few contenders but we have decided on Green Day - Last Night on Earth.

• MC98MC98 Posts: 211

We had Baby I'm Yours by the Artic Monkeys (lovely cover of a song from the 60's by Barbara Lewis)

We toyed with the idea of the Postmodern Jukebox version of I Believe in a Thing Called Love as hubs has a bit of a soft spot for it, but decided it wasnt quite right - so instead I surprised him by getting our harpist to play it as we left the ceremony :) 

• renaerenae Posts: 2

We are using I don't dance by Lee Brice.

• We're having Natalie Cole - This Will Be. We initially wanted the acoustic version of Jess Glynne My Love but we played Natalie Cole at our engagement party and 2 of my best friends have since told me they cried at how happy we looked singing it together, so that decided it for us!!

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Elvis costello- she.  From the film notting hill. 

Then , the wobbles , because we are both really silly and childish sometimes:)!

• Mrsseebe2beMrsseebe2be Posts: 677 New bride

We're having You & Me by P!NK and Dallas Green - we love it because the lyrics sound like us:

I played it for my mum the first time at the weekend and she really loved it.

https://youtu.be/nNnBcCk7eDA

• Helen225Helen225 Posts: 861 New bride

MC98 - we're toying with that arctic monkeys song if we don't have queen! 

• Minnie4Minnie4 Posts: 2

These all sound great! :) We're having the Love theme song from "Up" the movie - hopefully doing at least a passable waltz to the tune!