Hair and makeup dilemma

I booked my hair and makeup ages ago - with a reputable company who won a regional award a couple of years ago. They had great reviews on facebook but are fairly expensive,

i had my trial recently and it was AWFUL! The girl was also rude and unprofessional. I spoke to the manager and was given  big apology, the offer of a second trial (for free) with someone else, and that 'someone else' doing my hair and makeup at the wedding instead. The need for a second trial is a pain as it's a long way away from where I'm currently living but I wouldn't want to risk no trial at all.

Now, in the past year I stumbled upon another hair/makeup artist who is AMAZING - a real makeup genius! She works on her own and through word of mouth and is really cheap. I am now considering hiring her instead as I know she's awesome. HOWEVER, she would have to travel a couple of hours to get to my venue and I'd worry that she might be late ... she almost forgot my appointment when I met with her and I'm not sure how reliable she is. The other company are based much nearer the venue and would send two people, although it would cost twice as much.

So who should I go with... 

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,653 New bride

Are there any other options? I'd be tempted to look around first if I was given those choices.

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Neither sounds great, keep looking?

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I agree that you should keep looking!! Whereabouts are you based and when is your wedding?

• MrsNolanMrsNolan Posts: 683 New bride

Agree to the second trial but on the basis that they come to you for it instead of you going to them, and if you're still not happy with the second trial they refund you. 

The other girl sounds a little flakey and that won't do for your wedding. Perhaps shop around a little more? Where are you based? Xx

• Argh I'm based in London but am getting married this summer in Wales (OH is Welsh)! So that makes it tricky with trials etc as it's such a long way... and I don't have much holiday left now before the wedding! SO frustrating! The flaky girl did do an incredible job on the makeup but I guess it would be a disaster if she didn't turn up... 

Thanks for the replies - I'll have to have a good think! 

• Hi there,

Why not try me, I do wedding hair and makeup with 30 years experience and cover many areas and am also asked to go abroad.  www.yourweddinghairandmakeup.co.uk www.facebook.com/yourweddinghairandmakeup.co.uk

Gillian