Where and how will your guest share their wedding photos with you?

EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

Hello!

That title should read 'guests' not 'guest'!!!!

I'm not very tech-savvy (and quite old to boot!) and had thought of opening a special dropbox account, but have been told this won't be big enough for lots of photos if it's shared.

Hmmm - what are you all doing? 

I want 'something' where I can put some wedding pics, other guests can put some in too, and then I can choose a few to make an album later, or post a few on facebook or something ..... I'd like it to be set up before the wedding and so I can give guests the password to 'it' on the order of service so they can deposit their best pics - and sneak a peek at other people's pics too..... but don't want it to be 'public' ... any ideas?

Sorry to be so out of touch with technology!

• MrsMannMrsMann Posts: 757 New bride

Hi Epiphany, I know a lot of people use the WedPics App, you can add a password and everyone can share their photos in one place, here is the website if you'd like to read more https://wedpics.com/home 

• Susan103Susan103 Posts: 52

My friends got married this year and used Wedpics. There were well over 100 guests, the information was put in the invitation but only myself and one other guest uploaded the photos!

If I wasnt getting married, and known how much effort EVERYTHING takes, would I have even bothered? Not sure, 

Most people uploaded the pics to facebook and shared them with the bride and groom this way

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

I also went to a wedding where they tried wedpics and it didn't really take off. 

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

Thank you Hails and Susan - I will investigate Wedpics - even though it doesn't look toooo hopeful! - and look at the app version, Mrs Mann2b.

I would have thought there would be 'loads out there' for this sort of thing!

• Not sure if this will work for weddings, but I've used Cluster to share private photos with friends and family, it's similar to Facebook, but only the people you add can see the photos rather than everyone on FB, I might try and use it for wedding photos https://cluster.co/

• AlisonMaryAlisonMary Posts: 210

We used wed pics. We put it on the invites, and then I followed up the night before the wedding by sending the link to people. As soon as I done that, loads more people joined up. So if you are using wedpics, I would say that is the way to go. If you leave it to people to just go and find the app themselves, enter your wedding ID etc, you might be disappointed. 

We got about 300 pics, and tbh, I enjoyed looking at them just as much, if not more than I did our professional ones. 

x

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

We're using wedpics, I've had a sign made as a prompt at the wedding and this week sent the link to my guests quite a few people have joined already. I've already put on engagement and hen do pictures so it gives people something to look at now! My friend used it last year and about 25% of her guests posted their pictures to it so not bad really, I guess the majority of people these days just upload to Facebook anyway.

• Lauren320Lauren320 Posts: 62 New bride

My future SIL used WedPics, but not a lot of people used it. Most people just shared them around on Facebook.

I'm not tech savvy at all, but luckily my h2b is, so he's made a website, which will have a password protected area to which people can upload their pictures. 

• Susan103Susan103 Posts: 52

Ahh my friend didn't remind anyone so maybe thats the way to go!

We are having a hashtag, which im printing onto the table signs. 

• AlisonMaryAlisonMary Posts: 210
    Susan103 wrote (see post):

Ahh my friend didn't remind anyone so maybe thats the way to go!

We are having a hashtag, which im printing onto the table signs. 

Yup, I think a message to the link is the best way to go. It is SO easy to do, on the app, you allow it access to your contacts and you can send it via whatsapp, facebook, text, email. 

For me, it's a no brainer. Free and easy. Even if only 10 people use it, and upload 10 pics each, that's still 100 pics you may not have seen otherwise xx

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

My cousin also used WedPics. I did upload to it but was one of only 5 (from maybe 80 guests) who did. I looked today and I think everyone who used it was someone who also put them on Facebook etc. I would share the link beforehand if you're really keen for people to use it but I would also send a message a week or two after the wedding asking people to share their photos with you via email/social media/whatsapp etc, whatever was convenient for them. I think the use of a hashtag if your guests are in to Instagram is also a good idea! You could just print out little signs with a unique hashtag to leave on the tables.

• SarahNov17SarahNov17 Posts: 160

Friends of mine used WedPics but I don't think it really took off, as everything was just put on facebook afterwards. We've recently received 2 wedding invites for next year which have a wedding website on them, and included as part of the website is a 'share your photos' bit. 

We're planning on having a hashtag and will put signs around the venue/on tables etc so will be able to draw the pictures from that (hopefully!)

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

Thank you for all your help and advice.

I've set up a page on Cluster as Continuitygirl recommended ... I liked it because I just input all the email addresses of guests (well, as many as I had!) set up a page with our names as the title.

Then each guest listed got an invitation to view and add to the page and you can even write little messages on there.

It means that for my guests (generally of a more mature generation that most weddings I suspect!) can take their time to upload pictures they want to when they are back home and enjoy other people's pictures too.

Hopefully it will also mean people don't upload to facebook on the day - but I can put a message to that effect on the Cluster page.

I've also included a couple of my second cousins who live abroad and who I invited but cannot come to the wedding - it means they can log on and see pictures of the day easily too.

Thanks again for the advice!