Getting ready stuff!!

Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

Hi

This is a very small question really in the grand scheme of things but I'm making some lists of things I need to buy and one list is stuff for the bridal party for when we are getting ready, hangers, robes etc.

My question is what did everyone buy and who for?  At the moment I'm thinking definitely robes and hangers and then possibly vest top with a title transfer on and I'm getting them for me, maid of honour, bridesmaid and my Mum as she is getting ready with us.

I don't know whether to get anything for the flower girls or will they be too young to appreciate it?  they will be 9, 6 and 2.5.

Also not sure whether to include Mother of the Groom as well?  She is getting ready at her house with my OH etc. so not sure if it will be weird if I get her the same bits?

Be interested to hear what others have done.

Thanks

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,394 New bride

I am only buying for my MOH, bridesmaids and flowergirl (my daughter). Doing robes, hangers and night dresses only.

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

I havent bought anything for anyone For getting ready. 

• I'm planning on robes and hangers for me and my two BMs but not for my mum even though she'll be there most of the morning.  That's mostly because I don't think she would want the robe and the hangers in my opinion are purely for the "dresses hanging up" photos (although obvious the girls will keep theirs).

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

Robes for myself, my sister (MOH) & friend (BM), though not bridesmaid ones so they can be worn again.

Daughter if flowergirl but not sure if i'll get her anything yet (she will know most of her outfit but may surprise her with a bracelet or something).

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I dont like the satin or lightweight robes but Ive bought myself a fluffy white dressing gown, and I might buy the bridesmaids one each if I see any but its not really important to me. Its a winter wedding so I keep picturing myself wrapped in my dressing gown, fluffy slippers, heating on full and still freezing as usual 😂

Ive bought hangers, but thats were the line will be drawn for personalised stuff. Im giving a hanger to the mothers just because I have spares.

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

I'm planning on getting pjs and/or a robe (seen some lovely ones on Etsy and NOTHS) & hangers 

Only getting for BMs though xx

• AlisonMaryAlisonMary Posts: 210

I got PJs, hangers and slippers. All the robes I had seen were too short, and I didn't want to buy PJs AND robes, so I went for just PJs. Good job as it was roasting on the day!! I also got personalised champagne glasses so we could have a few drinks together. 

I got the flower girls hangers (aged 4, 2 and 6 months) mainly so I could get a pic of all the dresses hanging together. I also got them personalised milk bottles so they could have a drink with us too :) x

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

Thanks all for your advice!

Love the idea of the personalised milk bottles for the flower girls! Think I will go for that and I've got some spare hangers and bows so I will probably do them a hanger as well to get the 'dress pic'.

I've decided to go for vest top and shorts for me and the BM's, robes for me, BM's and MOB and then hangers for me, BM's, MOB and MOG plus hangers and milk bottles for the flower girls.

I was thinking about personalised glasses but the venue will just provide us with champagne glasses on the morning anyway as we are getting ready there.

Thanks again everyone!

• AlisonMaryAlisonMary Posts: 210
    Kelly224 wrote (see post):

Love the idea of the personalised milk bottles for the flower girls! Think I will go for that and I've got some spare hangers and bows so I will probably do them a hanger as well to get the 'dress pic'.

I've decided to go for vest top and shorts for me and the BM's, robes for me, BM's and MOB and then hangers for me, BM's, MOB and MOG plus hangers and milk bottles for the flower girls.

I was thinking about personalised glasses but the venue will just provide us with champagne glasses on the morning anyway as we are getting ready there.

Thanks again everyone!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-Flowergirl-Pageboy-wedding-favours-Glass-Milk-Bottle-Keepsake-gift-/132247988994?

My only advice is make sure the vest tops are quite loose. I went for button down PJs because I knew trying to get a vest TOP over my head with hair and make up done would be a nightmare! And make sure your BMs don't hate their legs in shorts ha x

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride
    AlisonMary wrote (see post):
    Kelly224 wrote (see post):

Thanks again everyone!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-Flowergirl-Pageboy-wedding-favours-Glass-Milk-Bottle-Keepsake-gift-/132247988994?

My only advice is make sure the vest tops are quite loose. I went for button down PJs because I knew trying to get a vest TOP over my head with hair and make up done would be a nightmare! And make sure your BMs don't hate their legs in shorts ha x

Thanks Alison for the link!!

I just thought it might need to be vest tops and trousers as the wedding is in December. Might be too cold for shorts!! 

• I would love to get some personalised Pjs, I really want ones that say "Future Mrs...", but I'm worried about the quality if bought online, can anyone recommend some?  

• emma531emma531 Posts: 216

I got some lovely champagne glasses from asda (£5 for 4) then ordered the vinyl decals off s&b vinyl designs on fb.

I'm really pleased with the glasses and Ive ordered some mod podge and glitter to paint the stems which I haven't done yet.

In total, each glass has cost about £2.25.

I've also ordered vinyl for hangers but havent done them yet. They'll cost £1.10 each.