How much confetti do we need?

We are going to have about 70 guests (with hopefully everyone throwing some) and are going to have natural petal confetti but not sure how much to buy. How much have other people got per person? 

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,422 New bride

We ordered 3.2L which filled 62 bags. Each bag contained 50ml of real petal confetti. We have 60 day guests coming to our wedding. Hope this helps.

• Thank you! Really helpful :) also just realised I was reading you planning thread today! really enjoying keeping up to date with your planning :)xx

• It depends on what kind of petals you have. Ask the place you buy from.

• OhmyDaysOhmyDays Posts: 5 New bride
    I'm just wondering how much you got and if it was enough or to much to help me work this out! Everywhere has different ideas! Thanks. 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,949 New bride
    I'm just wondering how much you got and if it was enough or to much to help me work this out! Everywhere has different ideas! Thanks. 
    AdamApple tells you how much you need for your guests on their website - that's who I used.
  • OhmyDaysOhmyDays Posts: 5 New bride
    Thank you I'll check it out  :)
  • Depends on your plans.

If you plan on people throwing it as you walk down the aisle then you only need enough for the people on the end of the rows. Anyone further down than 2 will not be able to reach. We only see this in outdoor ceremonies.

If you plan on exiting and then along with your photo and video arranging an exit line where everyone is lined up then a bag each would be ideal plus a few spares.

Plus, whats with wedding venues not allowing confetti. A little off topic I know but you would think a 'wedding... venue' would make whatever arrangements needed to allow one of the most weddingy things in the world. /endrant
    Chief user of crayons at the fabulous Minty Slippers Wedding Films