Night before the wedding

Where is everyone staying the night before the wedding?

I'm struggling with this - my ideal scenario would be to stay at the venue the night before but they can't confirm this as an option until a month before the wedding in case there is a wedding the day before which as we are getting married on a Sunday it's highly likely that the venue will be booked on the day before as obviously that's a Saturday.

My OH will either stay at his Mum's house or our house.  My Mum wants me to stay at hers but my sister and her 3 kids will also end up staying there plus me and my daughter which would make for a very cramped house and not overly relaxing!

Just wondered what everyone's plans were? 

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

There is a lovely hotel next for to our church and reception venue, most of our guests are staying there. I am in the suite the night before and me and h2b are both in the suite the night of. He's staying at our house the night before

• MrsMcSMrsMcS Posts: 235

I'm staying at the venue. Unfortunately I can't stay in the bridal suite the night before as it's booked, so I'm going to share my sister's room the night before (all our close family are staying both nights in the venue).

• I'm staying at the venue the night before with my daughter, mum and daughter chill time xx

• I also stayed at the venue the night before in the Bridal suite, this was booked straight away when booking the wedding. I think it's unfair that they're not giving you the option to book a room for the night before because at the end of the day, you've booked first so surely it's a case of first come, first served? A month doesn't give you a lot of time to arrange an alternative, especially considering everything else you'll be having to deal with at that time!

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,254 New bride

I’ve got the bridal suite booked for the night before and also our wedding night which was complimentary. Easier for me as it means all my things stay in one place. I’d ask your venue again because even if there is a wedding before you can still check in in the evening after they’ve left.

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,468 New bride

I am actually planning on staying at home.  We are a 15 min drive from the venue, and I liked the idea of leaving from our house, the first property we properly jointly owned. Plus it is quite big, so all the BMs can also stay, and then we will have rooms dedicated to make up, hair, and getting dressed the next day. Then, on the night of the wedding we actually decided to stay at home as well.  I stay in hotels all the time for work, so it isn't really a big treat for me, and I can't be bothered to pack a bag!  

Could the hotel not give you another room the night before the wedding, and then move you into the bridal suite once the other bride has checked out?

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,074 New bride

I'll be staying at my parents house, with my bridesmaids. We are hoping to book a cottage for OH and his family nearby the night before. 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • MrsE2016MrsE2016 Posts: 1,206 New bride

I stayed at my parents house - it was nice & chilled as there was only 4 of us (me and my parents plus my older sister). The other bridesmaids came the next day & we got married there. 

One of my friends is getting married in August & she's booked an AirBnB near to the venue she's getting married at. Would that be something you could do?

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

Unfortunately it's not a hotel, it's an exclusive wedding venue so they have 15 rooms that come with your wedding package so if another wedding is booked the day before they have the rooms and they can't be sold to the public!

They won't confirm until a month before if a wedding is booked but I think it probably will be as it's a Saturday,

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 703 New bride

I am staying at our venues sister hotel as the suite is bigger so plenty of space to get ready.  My sister (argument pending) and my 4 year old daughter will stay with me.  My mum, dad, and two sons will join us in the morning (the boys are going for a swim while we have hair and make up done). Depending on how over budget I go I may book them in the night before too.

H2B will stay at home with sisters boyfriend and his friend.

We are staying at the venue the night of the wedding.  I've not worked out how to transport things between the two yet....

• MrsMGMrsMG Posts: 359

I stayed at home with my husband and my friend who came up from England for my wedding. Me and my husband didn't want to spend the night before the wedding apart. We also arrived at the venue together.

• Mine isn't a venue with rooms so I'm staying at my mum and dad's with my bridesmaids, I could stay at home as H2B is going to stay at his parent's but I just liked the idea of being at my childhood home with my parents! 

• CFWCFW Posts: 234

Our ceremony venue doesn't have accommodation but they do have a self-catering large house that is just across the field so my and BMs are going to book there for the night before and have managed to get a discounted rate so that worked out well. Air BnB is definitely an option as you can rent the entire house which would give you lots of space for getting ready! :)

Everyone's plans sound lovely!  I did think about an air bnb that could fit all of us including the kids.  as they can be packed off to bed and we can have a chilled out evening but my Mum's house isn't really big enough for all of us!

We can get into the venue from 10am the morning of the wedding for getting ready etc. so seems a bit extravagant to pay for a hotel or air bnb when we'd leave quite early in the morning to get to the venue.

Decisions decisions!

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I stayed at home because I wanted a good sleep and no chance of forgetting to pack something. Huaband stayed at a nearby hotel with his usher.

• Laura349Laura349 Posts: 979

The night before we will be spending it together, then my h2b will go to his parents later on that night. 

The day of we will be coming home 😊

• I have a Air B &B  booked for 6 of us. Contact the owner direct as they may knock off some pennies if you are planning to leave quite early. Worth a try ! Worked for me. Good luck! Xx

Thanks for the tip! That could be worth a try! 

• LisaDToBeLisaDToBe Posts: 104 New bride

I'm doing exactly the same as britbird - staying at home with my bridesmaids. H2B will be staying at my son's house with his son and my other son. We'll all come back to our house after the wedding.

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

I am staying at a hotel near my venue, about 3 minute drive. My venue has an exclusive full use wedding booked the night before so I can’t stay at the venue.

Like you my parents house would be full and I decided I wanted a relaxed morning getting ready. My Mum and bridesmaids are staying with me. 

Whilst I understand the venues rules, one month before doesn’t leave you much time to find somewhere else if you can’t stay there. 

• I haven’t booked (really need to) but I’m staying at the venue (a hotel) the night before. Not bothered if it’s not the bridal suite, which we’ll be in the night of.

could you book a hotel room some nearby thats refundable? That way you could cancel if a room at your venue becomes available? X

• I'm staying in the bridal suite the night before, H2B is staying at home with the 2 boys x