Who's getting married in July 2018?

Hi ladies. 

Me and my fiance have been together 6years this year, engaged 1year on valentines day. Two children, little girl age 3 and a little boy who is 9weeks. We started planning just after we got engaged and were going to get something booked for 2019. Well I fell pregnant so plans were put on hold for a bit. Fast forward to November, we moved house and had our little boy in the same week. Then we had Christmas, once that was all out of the way we started planning again and I love it. Then I saw late availability packages that would save us money at a venue in our shortlist, went to see it and talk to the wedding co ordinator and we have booked our wedding there for July 2018!!!!!! Ahhhh we must be mad. So excited, not long to go!!! Anyone else getting married in July? How much planning have u got done? Sorry for long post 😁 xxxxxx

• I am getting married in July too, only 169 days away now which is starting to get me worried as there is still so much to do!

I think I have all the big things sorted like the church, a reception venue, photographer and a dress! My florist had to cancel so I’m trying to sort a new florist out this weekend. Finding a band is also on the to do list for the weekend. The to do list seems to be never ending ...

How is your planning going? 

• Amanda198Amanda198 Posts: 152

Yes our wedding is July. We have the main things booked and our package at the venue includes ceremony, wedding breakfast, evening, dj, centre pieces for tables and chairs covers and master of ceremony.  Other things we have booked is photographer. Florist, hair and make up deposits paid but just sharing ideas at the minute. Dress was ordered November. We're not doing much diy.xx 

• We have venue and photographer booked. My fiance's step dad builds classic cars so he is lending one of them for our wedding day. My friend is doing my wedding makeup as she is a makeup artist. My sister is making the invitations 😄 Bought my two bridesmaid dresses last night online so they need to try them on when we meet next weekend to go wedding dress shopping!! Hoping I find one I like. We have the ceremony,three course wedding bfast, evening buffet and dj in with the package. Need to sort flowers,centre pieces, place card and table name/numbers, flower girl and page boy outfits, men's suits, thankyou pressies, favours. Still lots to do!! Oh and of course book my hair trial. Has anyone sent their invitations yet? If not when are u planning on sending them? Xxx

• Amanda198Amanda198 Posts: 152

We haven't sent ours out yet, not ordered them yet either! We sent save the dates October time. We were thinking of sending the invites out March time. I've got my hair trial in March. You sound really organised! We ordered our suits last week, just hiring them from youngs, got 1 free and also 20% off for paying the total at once.x 

• Hiya, haven't been on here for a little bit. Hows it going July 2018 brides to be? My sister is making my invites which should be going out nxt week!!! So excited! Since my last post I've got flower girl dresses, page boy outfits, men are going to try on suits this Saturday 24th Feb. Going to a wedding fayre at our venue on Sunday 25th and am hoping to book and sort couple things then. One thing I'm stressing about is I still haven't been to look or try dresses on!! Was suppose to go Feb 3rd but ended up in hospital for a week and having a minor op. So to make sure I was recovered and the next date my mum and bridesmaids were free is March 3rd. The closer the wedding is getting the more I'm thinking I should really have a dress by now. Went shopping with my mum today, not specifically for anything wedding but my mum ended up buying her outfit! She looks beautiful too. But the more outfits that are getting sorted the more I'm thinking 'ahhh I still haven't got mine haha xx

• I'm in the July club too !! Well done Leann3 sounds like you've done really well and done loads since you booked. What's the plan for your wedding dress ? I got mine second hand and getting altered this is a good option to avoid the long lead times at shops and I got my dream dress. I wouldn't stress you still have time. Although it's a good big ticket item to get ticked off the list. 

• Where did u see your wedding dress Martha? That is a possible if i struggle with the shops. I've got an appointment booked in on March 3rd. I can't wait to go look. The only silver lining to me getting ill was dropping a dress size pretty quick 😁 obviously not the way I wanted to do it but have gone from a 12 to a 10. I'm better now after an op so just got to maintain this weight. Hows your planning goin? Xxx