Cost of magic mirror vs cost of photo booth

Hello lovely brides,

I have looked into hiring a magic mirror for my big day but don’t know if the costs I’ve received are about right.

i’ve been quoted £325 for 4 hours of unlimited use of a magic mirror with double prints for guest book. Just wondering what you paid and how this compares to the above price.

I have seen that some companies charge less for normal booths than magic mirrors and wondered if the saving is worth getting the cheaper one. suggestions welcome. Thank you. 

Em

• I’m getting a magic mirror, three hours, unlimited use and two sets of prints, one for guests, one for us and it’s £375. 

• I was originally going to get a photobooth (for various reasons) and it was also cheaper too. However, I’ve recently started thinking that I might like a magic mirror instead! I was quoted £300 for a normal photobooth which included double prints, guest book etc. So I don’t think you’ve got a bad price for the magic mirror with it only being £25 more than that and being the ‘in’ thing at the moment! I hope you don’t mind me asking, but which company did you book through? 

• They are called toast events

• I was going to DIY a photo booth so would have been pretty much free hopefully but since discovering the magic mirrors I'm dying to get one because it would fit so well with our day (is on Halloween!) But can I really justify £300+ when the photobooth plan I had would be free? Not sure h2b will be happy at the idea haha! 

I'd not looked into it properly but one quote I got was £600+!! Not sure what that included but I'd say you've got a good price there haha x

Remember, when stressed, simply channel your inner Bridechilla: Take a sand bath, munch some veggies, then chew on a wooden stick... wait... no... that's a Chinchilla... 

My planning thread
  • LittleLottieJayne wrote (see post):

I was going to DIY a photo booth so would have been pretty much free hopefully but since discovering the magic mirrors I'm dying to get one because it would fit so well with our day (is on Halloween!) But can I really justify £300+ when the photobooth plan I had would be free? Not sure h2b will be happy at the idea haha! 

I'd not looked into it properly but one quote I got was £600+!! Not sure what that included but I'd say you've got a good price there haha x

I also did consider doing this Lottie. But I really want a photo guest book which means purchasing a instant camera and prints (I checked and it would cost around £150 for camera and 200 additional prints). I’d also need to buy props and guest book so could see it costing £200+. And that doesn’t factor in the fact that if the guests stick the photo in the book for me they won’t have anything to keep for them. If they do keep the photo then how would I Know?  In the end I thought I’d just pay for an actaul booth and attendant as it seemed like the best option. But I still do begrudge paying so much money for one.

£600 is a lot. I found toast events on facebook. the £325 was with a discount though so not sure if it will be that cheap again 

• The magic mirrors are on trend at the minute and cost more than photo boots in my experience, but they do take up less space which is what I needed.

i have one for 4 hours,  unlimited prints with guest book, props, red carpet and gold posts for £375

if it helps many of the companies I got quotes from said that 3 hours is more than adequate, mine had a a specul offer on hence why I got it for 4 hours 

• Hello Lady Luck,

Do you mind sharing the company you had this quote from?

Thanks

Leticia

Lady Luck said:

The magic mirrors are on trend at the minute and cost more than photo boots in my experience, but they do take up less space which is what I needed.

i have one for 4 hours,  unlimited prints with guest book, props, red carpet and gold posts for £375

if it helps many of the companies I got quotes from said that 3 hours is more than adequate, mine had a a specul offer on hence why I got it for 4 hours 

• MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    edited February 2019
    We've gone for a photo booth. I liked the idea of a magic mirror but wondered if people would really let themselves go and have fun with it when there's potentially other people watching them use it (for me it would depend on how drunk I was...).

Anyway, we got a pretty good Black Friday deal on ours. It cost £475 if we paid up front and for that we got:
    - 6 hours hire time (normally 4 but got 2 hours extra with the deal)
    - 2 prints per visit
    - Unlimited photo/video sessions
    - Guestbook with glue/pens for people to stick pics in & write a message
    - Props box which we get to keep
    - Personalised prints
    - Web gallery
    - DVD with pictures and video messages
    - 100 keyrings to give as favours that the attendant will put pictures into
    - Interactive backgrounds/filters
    - A 'best bits' video on Youtube

I completely forgot about half of that stuff until I just re-checked the email. We got a pretty amazing deal when you consider everything we got. Whichever you go for, it might be worth enquiring with a few places and wait for any special offer emails to come in like we did. :) 

Edit: Just noticed this was originally posted in Feb 2018 (and not 2019 as I originally read). Oh well, for anyone else thinking about it... there's my ten pence. 
  • Nicolle5Nicolle5 Posts: 1 New bride
    Could anyone share which companies they booked their photobooths through? We are getting married May 2021 in Nottingham. Thanks 💍