Are there any North West Brides out there?

Hi everyone,

I've just found this forum and I'm loving reading all of your ideas/problems and questions, especially the wedding planning posts!

I'm getting married in July this year in Cheshire, I just wondered if there were any other Cheshire brides out there? I started a blog when I got engaged so I could document the process of planning a wedding in the North West and share tips with other brides, it's www.hollieleigh.com if you fancy having a look :).

There are loads of things on there from DIY bridesmaid proposals, DIY save the dates and invites to some reviews of North West venues I visited and suppliers I've spoken to. Oh and the story about why we needed to use our wedding insurance :(

I'd love to know what you think of it and if there is anything you'd like a fellow bride to write about when it comes to planning?

xxx

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride

I’m North West 🙋🏼‍♀️

Just had a quick nosey at your blog but will look properly tomorrow. We looked at Johnny Draper for our photography but decided against him. 

Blog wise I prefer to read written word than watch a video maybe I’m just old fashioned 😂

Where are you getter my married? x

• ClarkClark Posts: 6

Yay! Yeah, I decided against him too, we went with Jo Bradbury in the end. I'm getting married at Dorfold Hall, how about you?

Haha, I think a lot of people are like that, I try and do a mix really and writing is a lot easier than filming!

xx

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    Clark wrote (see post):

Yay! Yeah, I decided against him too, we went with Jo Bradbury in the end. I'm getting married at Dorfold Hall, how about you?

Haha, I think a lot of people are like that, I try and do a mix really and writing is a lot easier than filming!

xx

Oooh lovely venue we are having ours at the Stanneylands and booked the Crawleys for photography. Trying to find a videographer at the moment which is proving just as taxing on the brain 😂

You should do a planning thread would be great to see more of your ideas on here too x

• Hello lovely! 

I just went on to your site and watched your video, you are gorgeous! I love your hair!

What a nightmare you had with the caterers! Lots of people have told me wedding insurance comes in handy. You never know what might happen! And then macaroons sound fab! 

Joanne xx 

Joannemakeup wrote (see post):

Hello lovely! 

I just went on to your site and watched your video, you are gorgeous! I love your hair!

What a nightmare you had with the caterers! Lots of people have told me wedding insurance comes in handy. You never know what might happen! And then macaroons sound fab! 

Joanne xx 

Thank you, that's so kind! Yes, it really does, I couldn't imagine the position we'd be in without it. xx

MrsGtoB wrote (see post):
    Clark wrote (see post):

xx

Oooh lovely venue we are having ours at the Stanneylands and booked the Crawleys for photography. Trying to find a videographer at the moment which is proving just as taxing on the brain 😂

You should do a planning thread would be great to see more of your ideas on here too x

The Crawleys are amazing! You're so lucky to have such wonderful photographers. Have you heard of The Lawsons for videography? They are friends with The Crawleys so I think they work well together. I found it so emotional watching all of the wedding videos, I just cry at every single one! I'll have a look at the planning threads, I'm trying to get used to forum life! xx