Fireworks

Hey fellow brides, 

my fiancé & I were really hoping to get fireworks at our wedding at the end of the night but weve just been told out Venue has a time restriction of 10pm but our wedding is in the summer. 1st of June so it’s still going to be quite light out has anyone ever had fireworks before at this time or On A clear summer night? . I’ve been upset about this all day as I wanted them so much but I don’t want to order them to be a waste and not be able to see them so any advice  would be really Helpful. 

Venue is in central Scotland .

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 571 New bride

I think sunset will be around 9:15pm so 10pm should be fine 😊 in the summer there are fireworks to celebrate our local festival and they’re at 9pm which is fine (around 20th July) x

• Ambam19 wrote (see post):

I think sunset will be around 9:15pm so 10pm should be fine 😊 in the summer there are fireworks to celebrate our local festival and they’re at 9pm which is fine (around 20th July) x

thank you for replying, I did think this also that towns have displays in summer like 4th July in USA etc... but just scared invase we get let down on the day with the day light. 

thank you x

• Actually sunset in Edinburgh/Stirling won't be until about 9.45pm on 1st June, and that close to solstice it won't get properly dark for at least half an hour..... so you're not likely to get a decent display before 10.

(www.timeanddate.com/sun/uk/stirling)

If in doubt check with a local pyro company what their earliest recommended firing time is at that time of year.

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 571 New bride
    Ali S 71 wrote (see post):

Actually sunset in Edinburgh/Stirling won't be until about 9.45pm on 1st June, and that close to solstice it won't get properly dark for at least half an hour..... so you're not likely to get a decent display before 10.

(www.timeanddate.com/sun/uk/stirling)

If in doubt check with a local pyro company what their earliest recommended firing time is at that time of year.

Ah I missed the Sterling part! 

• Melissa1 wrote (see post):

Hey fellow brides, 

my fiancé & I were really hoping to get fireworks at our wedding at the end of the night but weve just been told out Venue has a time restriction of 10pm but our wedding is in the summer. 1st of June so it’s still going to be quite light out has anyone ever had fireworks before at this time or On A clear summer night? . I’ve been upset about this all day as I wanted them so much but I don’t want to order them to be a waste and not be able to see them so any advice  would be really Helpful. 

Venue is in central Scotland .

If I were in your position I would think carefully before booking a display. We’re having them at 9pm (Nov wedding) and it’s cost £1000+. It’s a lot of money to pay when you’re not going to get the best display possible, which at that time of year, as someone had said, it won’t get properly dark until gone 10 so youre not likely to. If the fireworks are restricted until 10pm, does you're venue require the display to have finished by then, or is that the latest start time?  If they need be be finished firing by 10pm, youre looking at a start time of 9:45ish, which will be way to early. 

It might be an option to have sparklers instead, if your venue allows?