Should you use your titles on a wedding invite?

I read online somewhere that on formal wedding invitations you put the brides full name followed by the grooms full name, but his uses his title eg...

Sarah Elizabeth Jones and Mr Samuel Frank Smith request the pleasure of your company at their wedding 

but now I'm looking at it and thinking it sounds a bit funny, what does everyone think? 

• ClarkClark Posts: 6

It's a tricky one, personally I think I'd prefer to have them the same, so either both have the titles or neither do? We did full names but no titles. There is so much to think about with invite wording isn't there! 

x

• Libby13Libby13 Posts: 244 New bride
    Clark wrote (see post):

It's a tricky one, personally I think I'd prefer to have them the same, so either both have the titles or neither do? We did full names but no titles. There is so much to think about with invite wording isn't there! 

x

Thank you, I think you're right it's better if they are both the same - just thought the Mr part was the traditional way to write it but no idea really!

the wording is so much harder than I thought! X

• Whether you go for full names with Mr/Miss etc, full names, just first & last names or just first names is entirely up to you... but I think that whatever you choose, they need to be the same or it will look quite odd.

FWIW, on ours we just used the shortened, everyday versions of our first names because that's who we are, and it fitted our relaxed vibe.