Hen Do - Madrid

Hi Everyone,

12 of us are heading to Madrid for my hen do in October. We’re going to be there for 3 nights and wondered if anyone had any suggestions for places to go (bars/ clubs) and things to do?

We‘re all big into food and like to eat at nice places, so any good restaurant recommendations would be helpful.

If anyone’s been for a hen do before, are bars okay with hen parties? I know some places can be abit funny with large groups.

Thanks

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,475 New bride

I used to live in Madrid, and know it really well, although of course things change.  I arranged my sister's hen there.  

We did:

Hop on hop off bus

Tapas bar crawl (we did it ourselves rather than booking a guide as we knew it well)  We went to places like the Museo del Jamon, Las Bravas, and then several others that I unfortunately don't know the names of, just where they are.  Things do change though, so I would recommend using TimeOut and looking for the bars that are good.  We did ours around the back streets of Sol.

Tanning at the pool in casa del campo- we took a picnic, but they do have a cafe there

Mercado San Miguel for a wander round

Flamenco meal and show.  

El Retiro for chilling

Chocolateria San Gines at 2am (a must do)

Menu del dia at Museo del Jamon- cheap cheerful, but SO Spanish.  

We were not that into clubbing so we just went to bars and sat in the squares outside chilling, but there are loads of clubs.  No issues with hen do, but then we didn't advertise ourselves as that.  

• That’s great, thanks so much! I’ll check out your suggestions