A Bright & Whimsical Northumberland Wedding Aug 2018

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 856 New bride

Kids entertainment...

Obviously we have a bouncy castle and an outdoor play area which will occupy the 3 kiddies during cocktail hour (our son 2.5yo, nephew 2yo and niece 4.5yo).

But during the meal which is upstairs away from all the fun stuff I think we'll just get some little gift bags and raid the party favour section of asda to put in some bubbles, crayons and coloring in pages, generic little crap bits that kids love despite the fact it's just plastic tat lol

I also saw this place setting and it's inspired me. The adults will have a sprig of rosemary on their plate next to their name, so I thought we could put a lollipop for the kids instead!

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794
    Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Kids entertainment...

Obviously we have a bouncy castle and an outdoor play area which will occupy the 3 kiddies during cocktail hour (our son 2.5yo, nephew 2yo and niece 4.5yo).

But during the meal which is upstairs away from all the fun stuff I think we'll just get some little gift bags and raid the party favour section of asda to put in some bubbles, crayons and coloring in pages, generic little crap bits that kids love despite the fact it's just plastic tat lol

I also saw this place setting and it's inspired me. The adults will have a sprig of rosemary on their plate next to their name, so I thought we could put a lollipop for the kids instead!

Love these ideas ! xx

• your ideas all sound so much fun! I literally can’t wait to read your report! Is it the 3rd you’re getting married? That’s my birthday! I’ll be 30! *sobs* 

• MrsGxMrsGx Posts: 329 New bride

Just catching up with your thread. The copper pipe you made looks beautiful! It's nice when all your visions start to become reality isn't it.

Love the kids entertainment pins. I might have to pinch the ribbon wand idea - they would look lovely in photos 

Afterallthistime wrote (see post):

your ideas all sound so much fun! I literally can’t wait to read your report! Is it the 3rd you’re getting married? That’s my birthday! I’ll be 30! *sobs* 

The 23rd! It'll be a Friday which I'm not thrilled about but every weekend in August was booked so!

MissGx wrote (see post):

Just catching up with your thread. The copper pipe you made looks beautiful! It's nice when all your visions start to become reality isn't it.

Love the kids entertainment pins. I might have to pinch the ribbon wand idea - they would look lovely in photos 

I didn't make the copper pipe floral raisers if that's what you mean? The florist is supplying them! I've made the copper hoops though :)

By the way I've updated some of the initial posts about flowers etc because I've found lots of lovely photos that serve as my inspiration!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,850 New bride
    MissGx wrote (see post):

I didn't make the copper pipe floral raisers if that's what you mean? The florist is supplying them! I've made the copper hoops though :)

I was going to give my flower girls and page boys ribbon wands instead of flowers, but after thinking about it my SIL and I decided they would probably have someone's eye out so we've cancelled that plan :(

• MrsGxMrsGx Posts: 329 New bride
    MrsCToBee wrote (see post):
    MissGx wrote (see post):

I was going to give my flower girls and page boys ribbon wands instead of flowers, but after thinking about it my SIL and I decided they would probably have someone's eye out so we've cancelled that plan :(

Yeah sorry, I did mean the hoops!

Sorry but I did laugh at the 'poking someones eye out' comment. It's a shame because it's something a bit different and I think the photos would look brilliant 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,850 New bride

Maybe i'll just make some cheaply and then take them away before the wedding breakfast!

Makeup...

I've practiced my makeup minus the flowers and pearls and I'm pretty happy with it! I do have the pearls to stick under my eyes but I don't want to waste them so lll practise it closer to the time and l need to figure out the flowers thing still.

imageimage

Ignore the vapid staring into your soul I was struggling to get a good photo with the flowers and this was the best of a bad bunch (and yes of course I had to get a picture inside the flower hoop - it's pretty, duh!)

Skin - Avon moisturiser; Kat Von D primer, lock it foundation in Light 44 Cool mixed with Maybelline master strobing liquid in Medium; Barry M get up and glow pallette for contour and blusher; Freedom Makeup pro highlight in Glow.

Brows - Nyx tame and frame brow pomade in 03 Brunette.

Lips - Nyx lip lingerie in Corset with pink shadow dusted over the top.

Eyes - Nyx ultimate pallette in 04 Brights; Urban Decay naked pallette; Nyx liquid illuminator in 01 Sunbeam mixed with Barry Monday fine glitter dust in 7; Kat Von D tattoo liner; Nyx stacked mascara in 03; Eyelure falsies (Not sure the name but irrelevant because I'll be having bigger ones on the day).

Grooms gift...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/285711501/groomsmen-decanter-personalized-decanter?ref=shop_home_active_57

I don't know how many of your fiancés love scotch as much as mine but I've been looking at gift ideas after reading a thread about it and found this! I'm going to get it engraved to say 

Matty

Forever Starts Today 

Helen 

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Your makeup looks fab! love your decanter idea too, lovely words.

• Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Grooms gift...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/285711501/groomsmen-decanter-personalized-decanter?ref=shop_home_active_57

I don't know how many of your fiancés love scotch as much as mine but I've been looking at gift ideas after reading a thread about it and found this! I'm going to get it engraved to say 

Matty

Forever Starts Today 

Helen 

J is a whisky fiend! So this is right up my street, I was going to do him a personalised blend but he doesn’t like blended whiskey I’ve now found out lol I may buy him a special edition one that’s floating around that was casked the year he was born.... we’ll see what money is like lol 

Food...

We've finally got the cost for the sushi canapés through... £800 for 42 people no thank you.

So I think we'll go with plan B. The tables are all named after countries we've been to together so I thought it'd be nice oto have the traditional dish of each as canapés with little flags in them. Also there's so many seats and tables and stuff I don't mind if they're not dainty one bite things, if you have a cup and fork or something that's fine.

Sweden - køttbullär (mini meatball probably on a preloaded spoon with mash potato, lingonberries and white gravy)

Denmark - mini smørrebrød (a little Rye bread open sandwich with some light pickles on it and probably fish)

Crete (Greece) - so many options! I just like the idea of some nice stuffed vine leaves with feta in them. I'd probably have it served with hummus and tzatziki.

Italy - vegetarian ravioli, probably goats cheese and butternut or something. Maybe a couple sauce options like tomato or creamy that people can dip their raviolo in on a cocktail stick.

Malta - now this is the one we struggle with! There doesn't seem  to be any national dish that I can  find?? Anyone know anything traditionally Maltese? we just ate loads of seafood and toasties but it was our first holiday and rwe were  on a budget...

Sadieee wrote (see post):

https://www.maltauncovered.com/culture/maltese-food/

Traditional maltese food :)

Swordfish is the first thing I think of when I think of Maltese food! But it's too expensive for canapés. I like the sound of the pastizzi with the ricotta and peas :)

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

Pastizzi would be fab canapé food and good to have carby  bits when people are drinking!

I can’t believe how much your sushi quote was- I love sushi but thats like good quality restaurant prices (for canapé volumes) 

Sian91 wrote (see post):

Pastizzi would be fab canapé food and good to have carby  bits when people are drinking!

I can’t believe how much your sushi quote was- I love sushi but thats like good quality restaurant prices (for canapé volumes) 

Yeah and I just live in fear of people going hungry so I think carbs are the way to go!

And they'd said sushi would be expensive but for 40 people I expected £400 and was having to consider if I'd be willing to spend that much lol let alone twice it!

Paper cranes hanging from the beams, hoop at the end, foliage  on back row of chairs and colourful ribbon bows on the others, yellow rose petals down the aisle and gin bottles filed with gyp lining it. The only things I forgot to add were the copper pipe raisers at the start of the aisle and fairy lights around the pillars.

Ffoliage up the banisters and mini yellow balloons! They've paper lanterns and pom poms behind the table with confetti, card basket and paper fans. Order of the day sign on the table with a lil foliage on it 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

What a fab idea to mock up how it'll look - love the colours, the hoop, your gorgeous signage. You're very talented/creative - in my head I am but can never quite get stuff off paper! Love how you can already see how well it'll come together! Also, a bouncy castle sounds so fun and I bet will make for amazing couples shots!

I know that sods law would suggest that our August wedding will be cold and wet but on the off chance that it's actually sunny and hot I think I'll get one of those drinks dispensers to fill with lemon slices and tap water for guests to help themselves to before the ceremony and during the drinks reception image

EDIT: my sister in law has one! She's said we can borrow it :)

weight loss...

So I was 89kg before and I'm not gonna lie I went the opposite way for awhile so I was actually 92kg oops but I've started taking it super seriously the last 2 weeks. I won't go into it because it's not a healthy way to lose weight but I'm now 88kg so only 1kg less than originally but 4kg in 2 weeks isn't bad!

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

4kg in 2 weeks is a huge amount; hope you get to where you want. Good luck! 

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,309 New bride

4kg is a huge amount, go careful if it isn't a healthy way to lose though, you might struggle to keep it off. Slow and steady and all that! 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 

flowers...

First of all thanks guys for the advice and support! I'm feeling pretty good about it and for now it definitely feels sustainable :)

Right so I think I've mentioned before what we've ordered from our florist? And bridesmaids bouquets weren't on that list because I want them to have very simple gyp bouquets which I can get for £9 total (£3 per maid!) from asda a week or 2 before the wedding and I have florist ribbon  to finish them off. Now I know this is a risk since the super market might not have any in stock or not enough but I'm totally willing to be flexible! Look at all these flowers I'd be very happy to have and my mum is great at arrangements so can help me to make them great :)

imageimage

My esa benefit got cut in February which massively fucked us over financially and me mentally. They said because I live with my partner and he makes so much money I'm not entitled to anything but since they've stopped it we've consistently been a grand into his overdraft.

So we applied for PIP and have been waiting all this time to hear about it and they've finally gotten back to us with the most insulting letter ignoring everything I said, my therapist said, my body language. They kept saying "you struggle with x, y and z and can't do this either, but I've decided you can do it unaided " OH HAVE YOU? WELL THAT'S GREAT YOUR OPINION IS TRULY APPRECIATED. So now there are no other options, we're not gonna have any money. We have the wedding fund from our parents but we won't be able to afford a honeymoon or either of our hen/stag dos. That's just the superf stuff though we can barely afford to eat and that's with me only eating one meal a day. And I'm now confined to the house unless it's within walking distance and I'm not having a write off day due to the depression or anxiety because I can't get public transport and I can't afford taxis anymore. I hope some strangers I meet in asda find my baby cute enough to buy him clothes because otherwise I don't see how we can afford any!

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

My esa benefit got cut in February which massively fucked us over financially and me mentally. They said because I live with my partner and he makes so much money I'm not entitled to anything but since they've stopped it we've consistently been a grand into his overdraft.

So we applied for PIP and have been waiting all this time to hear about it and they've finally gotten back to us with the most insulting letter ignoring everything I said, my therapist said, my body language. They kept saying "you struggle with x, y and z and can't do this either, but I've decided you can do it unaided " OH HAVE YOU? WELL THAT'S GREAT YOUR OPINION IS TRULY APPRECIATED. So now there are no other options, we're not gonna have any money. We have the wedding fund from our parents but we won't be able to afford a honeymoon or either of our hen/stag dos. That's just the superf stuff though we can barely afford to eat and that's with me only eating one meal a day. And I'm now confined to the house unless it's within walking distance and I'm not having a write off day due to the depression or anxiety because I can't get public transport and I can't afford taxis anymore. I hope some strangers I meet in asda find my baby cute enough to buy him clothes because otherwise I don't see how we can afford any!

I'm so sorry to hear this. My Mum is disabled and has had her entitlement questioned and I've had to take her for the interviews etc so know how upsetting and stressful the process can be, let alone the financial issues that can come about after. I know it's easy to say, but try not to stress too much right away. Make a list of your outgoings and what money you have coming in to the house and see where you can cut back, if anywhere, until money matters hopefully improve. The wedding stuff can all be scaled way back, worst case, and it will still be an incredible day because you'll look amazing and be marrying the man you love.

Can you appeal this? Would you be able to go to a Citizens Advice place? I know anxiety can make things like making a phone call or going to a meeting seem difficult, often impossibe, but perhaps your partner or Mum could go with you and help get your case heard in front of someone who knows the process a bit better and see if you have any other avenues now. Your local MP will also host a surgery and I know someone who went down this route when it seemed as though her case had been completely ignored / they went off incorrect facts, and she eventually managed to get it re-looked at properly. Your doctor or health team might also be able to help. Best of luck x

Ashley72 wrote (see post):

I'm so sorry to hear this. My Mum is disabled and has had her entitlement questioned and I've had to take her for the interviews etc so know how upsetting and stressful the process can be, let alone the financial issues that can come about after. I know it's easy to say, but try not to stress too much right away. Make a list of your outgoings and what money you have coming in to the house and see where you can cut back, if anywhere, until money matters hopefully improve. The wedding stuff can all be scaled way back, worst case, and it will still be an incredible day because you'll look amazing and be marrying the man you love.

Can you appeal this? Would you be able to go to a Citizens Advice place? I know anxiety can make things like making a phone call or going to a meeting seem difficult, often impossibe, but perhaps your partner or Mum could go with you and help get your case heard in front of someone who knows the process a bit better and see if you have any other avenues now. Your local MP will also host a surgery and I know someone who went down this route when it seemed as though her case had been completely ignored / they went off incorrect facts, and she eventually managed to get it re-looked at properly. Your doctor or health team might also be able to help. Best of luck x

Thank you so much. On top of my anxiety and depression I have BPD so I really struggle to regulate my emotions and I'm not very good at processing bad news.

I assume you know how PIP is awarded with the scoring system for different criteria? I somehow managed to get 0 for everything and I don't know how. I'm worried that if I appeal it, I'll go through all the emotional trauma of the assessments and scrutiny and judgment and they'll come back and say nothings changed and I'll be more ill for nothing and no help... I also can't refer myself  to iapt again for another few months and because of  my multiple diagnosis most services won't take me on 

Some good news! My flower crown and belt are finished! They're so beautiful I'm in love.

imageimageimageimage

I honestly can't recommend magaela accessories on etsy highly enough