Forum home Planning

Cheap and relaxed pub venue in Swansea?

Hello all! So we're just getting started on our planning and I found a previous thread from 2011 that perfectly describes what we want:

"We really want a relaxed wedding and ideally we want to hire out a whole country pub for the afternoon/evening and have a bbq or hog roast, band, drinks etc. 

I didn't think it would be too difficult to find a venue, but we're finding it harder than we imagined. We live in London and so at the moment are doing our research online - unfortunately it appears that welsh pubs don't seem to go in for websites! 

Has anyone got any experience of this kind of wedding, or can recommend anywhere? A function room is not necessary altho an area for band/dancing would be good."

We do live in Swansea, we are hoping to have our wedding July 2019, and need to keep the costs down. We're happy to have the ceremony in the registry office, but would love to find a pub, restaurant or similar which we can hire. 

Any ideas?

• Mila-rose3Mila-rose3 Posts: 264 New bride

The Grape and Olive ive known alot to use. People always seem to think it is going to cost the earth but I done a Party there years ago and it was very reasonable and a girl i work with has hers this year in may.

Its also really close to the registra as you probably know 

Xx