Wedding isn’t as important to other people?

I totally understand that a wedding isn’t anyone one else’s focus bar the bride (and groom) however I feel that my bridesmaids aren’t that interested I have a group chat and feel like anytime I put something in no one replies!! I bought cute PJs for us all to wear in the morning and sent photos into the group chat and only one replied. The others have read it but to ohh looks great or thanks. However one of the bridesmaids after reading my messsge in the group chat then texted me seperatly to moan about her bf!!!! 

Anyone else feel like this????

• HamidHamid Posts: 36 New bride
    Oh no :( - maybe they will get more excited closer to the day.  When is the wedding?
  • Yeah this is hard - i have had this a lot, and i just have to remind myself that my wedding will never be as important to anyone else as it is to me, maybe not even half as important. 

I think generally the excitement builds the closer to the day they get. 
  • To be honest, I would expect this. Generally people got excited about ours about a week/two weeks before the day. Before that they’d ask how it was all going when they saw us, but it is hard to get excited about someone else’s wedding in advance. They have their own lives and stuff going on, and that won’t change. Try not to take it personally, and be as involved as you can with your friends about non-wedding things too. 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,199 New bride
    No one is excited about my wedding really - not my bridesmaids, none of our parents or siblings. I think once we are a couple of months away they will be more interested but it all still feels a long way away at the moment to them.
  • I’m glad I’m not the only one, it can get very frustrating!!! 
  • I have been feeling exactly the same over the last day or so! It's nice to know I'm not the only one x 
  • I've definitely had this with my bridesmaid but I've just put it down to my wedding being far away. My maid of honour on the other hand is so so excited and eager to help with anything and everything, really don't know what I'd do without her! It's really sad to see so many people who aren't interested at all in a person they love's wedding, especially when it's their parents :(
  • WallflowerWallflower Posts: 4 New bride
    edited December 2018
    Yeah I’m going through the same thing, none of my family care what so ever I’ve had to do everything alone .. my dress the venue, decoration etc every time I show them a picture or ask for an opinion, they basically go “oh right” and talk about something else :( it’s heartbreaking but I’ve just come to the conclusion “if they come they come, if they don’t, they don’t” I’ve just picked and arranged everything and if they don’t like any of it then it’s tough luck! Just do what makes you happy.