Selling bridesmaid dresses is it worth it??

JMB2019JMB2019 Posts: 68 New bride
Hi, I am just wondering if it is worth selling bridesmaid dresses after a wedding? Any thoughts?? 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 1,886 New bride

I think it's quite hard to sell bridesmaid or wedding dresses for any meaningful amount. I see a lot of people say they are going to sell their wedding dress to justify going over budget, but you see the same ones languishing on eBay for months or years on end.

I bought a popular design of bridesmaid dress for my girls - they are £70-80 each on the Little Mistress website and I paid £15 each for them on eBay. Same for my flower girls dresses, they are about £50 from Monsoon and I paid around a tenner each for them on eBay. They are all in perfect condition and the girls can keep them, but at least if I wanted to sell them I'd get my money back :)

• KittyFiennesKittyFiennes Posts: 870 New bride
    I would say definitely not. BM dresses can be got for so cheap now there really isn't a market for pre-loved ones. For me, it wouldn't be worth the hassle to try to re-sell them.
  • The main issue will be the sizes.  The buyer has to want that style, that colour, and have the same number of bridesmaids AND those bridesmaids have to be roughly the same sizes.