Fun ideas required for hen do

MrsF280320MrsF280320 Posts: 184 New bride
I will be 40 when I have my hen do early next year. What fun ideas do people have for what I can do? It needs to be in the UK, I'm not fussed for a boozy weekend as I can do that anytime. I'm thinking some fun activities followed by a few drinks and overnight stay depending where it is. I'm based in Leeds so somewhere within a couple of hours drive would be ideal. I'm thinking maybe along the lines of an escape room but lots of people have already done that. Other half is looking at doing the bear Grylls experience.  

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    Surfing at snowdonia, spa day, afternoon tea, Carden Park in Chester is quite good for activities and a spa.

I am going to a hen at Lets Rock leeds in June, maybe see if they have any other events similar?

x
  • I would have loved to do a festival for my hen do, if I was getting married at the right time of year, but as I'm getting married this March, I've opted for Butlins Music Weekend in Skegness at the end of this month.  It's a Legends of Soul weekend with Billy Ocean headlining, 3 nights for £152 each, including a 2-hour pass for the spa.  Some people will only be staying for two nights though, doesn't make a difference to the price though.  They have loads of different music weekends throughout the year and three different locations.  I'll be writing all about my hen do in my planning thread, so feel free to check that out at the beginning of Feb for some honest feedback :-) 
  • MrsF280320MrsF280320 Posts: 184 New bride
    I would have loved to do a festival for my hen do, if I was getting married at the right time of year, but as I'm getting married this March, I've opted for Butlins Music Weekend in Skegness at the end of this month.  It's a Legends of Soul weekend with Billy Ocean headlining, 3 nights for £152 each, including a 2-hour pass for the spa.  Some people will only be staying for two nights though, doesn't make a difference to the price though.  They have loads of different music weekends throughout the year and three different locations.  I'll be writing all about my hen do in my planning thread, so feel free to check that out at the beginning of Feb for some honest feedback :-) 
    How far in advance did you book this? I'm getting married next march but there aren't any dates for next year yet
  • Here is a completely different idea - a Fright Night Ghost Tour. Search for one in your area. We no longer offer them as we ran short of the actors (ghouls etc), but they were hugely popular when we did them. A lot of pubs will offer something along these lines if you search a bit. You are near York of course (40 minutes from Leeds - hire a limo!), and I know York has plenty of this sort of ghosst tours on offer. Good luck, Martin.