Florist consultation and costs

RoseyGoldRoseyGold Posts: 159 New bride
Hi Ladies

Just wondering how your consultations with florists went and if you don't mind sharing how much you're paying? 

I've had 2 now, one brief (45 mins) I was quite clear on what I wanted so wasn't worried.
Today's was much more thorough, and asked for some examples of what I liked and why. Showed me lots of photos of alternative flowers whilst respecting the 2 must have flowers. Gave me other ideas for centrepieces. Asked lots of questions and probed for more information and why I liked or didn't like things. Talked about bouquets being in proportion for the bridesmaids. Got it when I said I wanted the bouquets to be pretty much the same as our dresses are quite different. I really liked it, I'm now freaking out that it'll be really expensive!!

The first one has come in at £1050 for my bouquet, 2 bridesmaids and 1 mini bridesmaid bouquets, 6 buttonholes, 2 coursages, 13 table centres of bottles with single flowers, 1 top table arrangement (£170 alone!) and 3 Thank you bouquets. There's quite a few errors in her quote I specifically said no roses and they're down for the buttonholes and coursages!

• jjward2019jjward2019 Posts: 105 New bride
    Hi!

We are paying just over £400 for:
    my bouquet
    1 x bridesmaid
    2 x posies for the flower girls
    5 x button holes
    9 x centrepieces which are either a garland down the middle of each table or 6 jars filled with flowers. 

Our flowers are mainly roses, Delilah’s,  Astilbe and Eucalyptus foliage.
    Hope that helps! 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,454 New bride
    Florists quotes will vary wildly depending on choice of flowers, season, area and whether the florist has shop premises to be honest. You can only really compare like for like with floristry.
  • JhubuJhubu Posts: 3 New bride
    I got a quote for £270 for bridal bouquet, 3 centrepieces, an archway, 3 buttonholes, one pedestal, 1 BM bouquet.