BM dress what if they no longer fit

JMB2019JMB2019 Posts: 71 New bride
I bought my bridesmaids dresses about 7 months ago. The wedding is this June so nearly just 4 months to go. 
Mom starting to think that one of the BMs will not fit in the dress anymore/it may be a bit tight. If this happens what do I do? I don’t want to make them feel bad

• You can buy another dress for them, or have the conversation with them. 
    Was there any particular reason you bought them so early? 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,064 New bride
    To be perfectly honest, I was in a wedding last year and both me and the other bridesmaid put on a bit of weight as the bride bought the dresses 18 months in advance! We felt so bad about it, anyway other BM is one size smaller than me so she had my dress, and we went halves on a new one in my size. We never told the bride about it, she had enough on her plate!
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 365 New bride
    Did she try it on when you bought the dress? If so, and she really has put on weight, then she will already know that there might be an issue and might be too anxious or embarrassed to bring it up with you.

Certainly, it will come as no surprise to the bridesmaids if you ask them all to try the dresses on again closer to the wedding in case alterations are needed. Whether you can do the alterations yourself or need to take it to a professional depends on the style of dress.