Should I have alpacas at my wedding?

JhubuJhubu Posts: 3 New bride
edited 6 February in Planning
I am getting married in a Scottish castle. It’s beautiful. We have a bagpiper (who is currently coming for the whole day but I could move to just dinner) and a cello+ piano duo for the ceremony and reception. Should I have alpacas as well? They would be my ring bearers. They are so cute but I am worried that people wouldn't be interested in the bagpiper or the strings duo or the castle when we have alpacas. My fiance is on the fence as he doesn't think alpacas fit into our wedding theme well. We have a three hour gap between ceremony and dinner so the alpacas would help entertain guests and be a fab ice breaker. I'm also imagining all those big genuine smiles in photos!! Please help me!! Thank you xxxxx

Should I have alpacas at my wedding? 18 votes

Yes have the alpacas
61%
MrsPope2018britbirdRin NightMrsCToBeeMrsJinJuly19RoseyGoldOmRumwedscotBlondiebride2019Shoes GaloreWirfle 11 votes
No they will compete for attention
38%
MrsHowgateRach371MrsRendall2BCoffeeDogAddictLittleBlondeBridejjward2019cs2thecox 7 votes

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,064 New bride
    Yes have the alpacas
    I'm really sorry but I think I would struggle not to burst out laughing if I saw a couple of alpacas wandering up the aisle - it's just so random! But if you want them, have them!
  • Rin NightRin Night Posts: 167 New bride
    Yes have the alpacas
    This wedding sounds insane (in a very good way!)... can I come!? I would be ridiculously happy if I turned up to a wedding and they had Alpacas... 

That's it. Alpacas have been added to my "essentials" list!!! :love:
    Remember, when stressed, simply channel your inner Bridechilla: Take a sand bath, munch some veggies, then chew on a wooden stick... wait... no... that's a Chinchilla... 

My planning thread
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,064 New bride
    Yes have the alpacas
    There's an Alpaca farm in East Sussex which does weddings!
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 365 New bride
    Yes have the alpacas
    Just imagine the photographs! Yes, your wedding would always be remembered as the one with the alpacas, but people would still remember it as your wedding.
  • No they will compete for attention
    They would look amazing, but i'm afraid i went "No"just because i'm a germ freak and would worry they might end up doing their business at the wrong time! 
  • RoseyGoldRoseyGold Posts: 149 New bride
    Yes have the alpacas
    OMG yes!!! Alpacas are so cute!!
  • They are my favorite animal so I would be a "yes" vote but I think it depends.  I would not have them there simultaneous to bagpipes. Or fireworks. Or the sparkler send-off. Or anything else that could startle them.
  • cs2thecoxcs2thecox Posts: 251 New bride
    My two rules for my wedding are no pink and no llamas! :D 
    I'm a no... I don't really get what they're for...
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,074 New bride
    I really wanted wedding alpacas but FH has put his foot firmly down on that one. So yes, please get them and let me live vicariously through your wedding!
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • JhubuJhubu Posts: 3 New bride
    edited 4 February
    Loving the replies, ladies. I'm secretly glad the Yes vote is winning :smiley: Keep the votes coming!!!! It is sooo useful to hear other people's perspectives.

KittyFiennes said:
    They are my favorite animal so I would be a "yes" vote but I think it depends.  I would not have them there simultaneous to bagpipes. Or fireworks. Or the sparkler send-off. Or anything else that could startle them.
    I guess I'll have to ask the bagpiper to pipe after the alpacas are gone then!! I wouldn't wanna scare the the alpacas.cs2thecox said:
    Why don't you like pink and llamas? I'm thinking of having both   :smiley:
  • Yes have the alpacas
    Oh my gosh!!!! Yes! Have alpacas. I mean, they’ll compete for attention but that’s the best bit. And as ring bearers too!  That’s the best idea ever.  And they’re such cutie pies who wouldn’t want to pet them? 

Oh oh my gosh I want alpacas at our wedding now! *gets straight on google*
  • cs2thecoxcs2thecox Posts: 251 New bride
    Jhubu said:
    Loving the replies, ladies. I'm secretly glad the Yes vote is winning :smiley: Keep the votes coming!!!! It is sooo useful to hear other people's perspectives.

KittyFiennes said:
    They are my favorite animal so I would be a "yes" vote but I think it depends.  I would not have them there simultaneous to bagpipes. Or fireworks. Or the sparkler send-off. Or anything else that could startle them.
    I guess I'll have to ask the bagpiper to pipe after the alpacas are gone then!! I wouldn't wanna scare the the alpacas.cs2thecox said:
    Why don't you like pink and llamas? I'm thinking of having both   :smiley:
    Two very ginger bridesmaids. I'm not sure it would be fair 😜
    (Mostly joking. I'm just not a very pink sort of person...)