First meeting with venue co-ordinator

Hi all,

So we're officially T minus 6 months! :) The wedding co-ordinator at our venue has been in touch to arrange a meeting this month to start discussing plans which is very exciting.

I have a few questions in mind already but wondered what other people asked at their meetings in case there's something I haven't thought of!

Please share what you asked/plan to ask at your venue meetings :)

Thanks,
Jess xx

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,949 New bride
    We haven't had ours yet but will be asking about decor (what we can put where), running order of the day/timings, confirming fave drinks so they can stock the bar accordingly, confirming supplier meals, when we can drop stuff off the day before, whether they will assemble/cut/distribute the cake, and when we need to collect our stuff by the next day. 
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    We had this wedding contract that we ran through which was mostly timings, suppliers, what could be used when (in terms of booze), when we had access etc. 

Off the top of my head these are the other things I asked about too:
    1- Asked them to keep a jug of water on the bar at all times for people
    2- asked them to keep our ice and glasses topped up for our spirits bar
    3- we want a song playing when we walk in, they've confirmed they can do this
    4- Can they provide plates and boards for the cheese and pork pie cake. 
    5- configurations of the different rooms
    6- asked them to move the postbox to a safe place 

I'm sure there's plenty more!! 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    Set up timings, do they allow confetti/cannons etc, bar timings and extensions, do they know how many staff they will be providing i.e how many on the bar, timings for the day, will they bring canapés and drinks to you while you have photos 

Make sure you put everything they have agreed in writing too as they have a tendency to agree to things then back track!
  • Thanks ladies, some great ideas :) Some of which I'd thought of, others I hadn't - like the cutting/boxing/distributing cake and if/when we can drop things off the day before. I'll share my list in case I happen to have something you haven't thought of:

- What decorations are you providing and what decor can we provide/where can we put it? (They told us they have some things we can use like lanterns etc. so I want to make sure I've not doubled up with the venue dresser)
    - Can we definitely have the ceremony out on the lawn, weather permitting?
    - What are the suggested timings for the day?
    - How can/will the evening reception be set up?
    - Where is the best place to put the photo booth?
    - What time can guests check in on the day? If after the ceremony, is there somewhere people can leave luggage?
    - Are there any rooms available the night before? (It's an exclusive use venue so this one very much depends on whether the wedding the day before is using all of the rooms)
    - Are napkins/table cloths included? If so, are there colour options or just white?
    - What time can we start setting up with décor? Is there someone available to help with set up?
    - What time can suppliers start arriving?
    - Is there somewhere we can drop things off the day before? 
    - What time I can check into The Lodge? (A cute little cottage they provide for the bride + squad the night before)
    - Are there baby changing facilities and can these be well signposted?
    - Will you slice/box up the cake?

That's what I've got for now. I can't help but feel like I'm missing something even though that's a pretty extensive list haha. I suppose some questions will come up on the day based on what says to us. We're booked in for Sunday 17th March so I'll update if there's anything else I end up asking. :)