Ceremony Help Centerbury

Hi all. So we have our wedding booked for next year in July. Our registry office is in Rochester and our reception is a village hall in Canterbury. 

I'm now panicking and worried about the distance prople will need to travel between the two venues and the logistics of doing so. Do you think it would be better to find somewhere to get married in Canterbury, so both the ceremony and reception are in the same place? Was also thinking it maybe easier if I stayed in Canterbury the night before so I could potentially go to the venue first thing to oversee some of the set up.

Does anyone have any cheap recommendations for somewhere that would do the ceremony only in Canterbury? We are on a really tight budget so it would need to be fairly reasonable. 

Thank you in advance.

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,949 New bride
    Canterbury must have a registry office, it's a pretty big place.
  • Katrina33Katrina33 Posts: 65 New bride
    They have one, but it's really tiny. Holds 20 odd people. I have a pretty big immediate family. That was the first thing I checked ☹
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,949 New bride
    I'd look on the council 'A Kentish Ceremony' website, it gives all licensed venues in Kent and their capacities.