Scottish Elopement Wedding Booked for September 2019

Hi everyone,

I've just booked our elopement wedding in Scotland on September 19th, I've listed all the things we've booked below.  I'm also looking for some advice on mobile hairdressers and mobile make up technicians in the Grantown on Spey area - if you know anyone, please let me know. I did contact a hairdresser in a nearby village but they wanted me to travel for a trial - I live 2.5 hours away and it's just not possible for me to get there.

Muckrach House Hotel for 2 nights (they have an elope deal, you just need to email the hotel and ask for details)

Hotel owners have offered to be our witnesses (Mark & Lucy) - a bottle of champagne as a "thank you" before we leave

Spud the Piper - amazing reviews

Eve - Handcrafted Ceremonies (lovely lady, we have our first face time app in 2 weeks)

Photographer - local to the hotel (even agreed to take us to some local lochs and have photos taken there) Photos will be supplied on a memory stick before we depart the hotel

Love Florist - Aberdeen

Kilt Hire - Aberdeen

Dress - hoping to buy off the peg and have it altered locally (WED2B, HOF, Phase Eight, Monsoon, David's Bridal)

Shoes - as above

Men's wedding band - awaiting Goldsmiths calling (we liked 6 sale rings online and they are ordered to come into store next week and you pay for the one you like)

Diamond bridal set - vintage jeweler (but new rings, ordered and arrive in 6 weeks). They'll store them until we can collect them in September - the day before we leave)

I began with emailing lots of suggested places from forums just like this one and this hotel stood out as the one who'd done it before and to be honest, wasn't overpriced for 2 nights and the hire of the library all day for the ceremony (Scottish weather is known to be temperamental so we need a plan B).  They recommended an officiant, photographer, piper (yes I am having one - it's a surprise for my OH), flowers, hair and make up.

I've ended up ordering the flowers from a local florist and will take them with us to the venue and ask the hotel to store them overnight for us.  The florist advised a wet tea towel at the bottom of a vase and a cold room will be fine for overnight storage.

We will register our bands in the usual way in June and pick our certificate up in Grantown on Spey when we get there.  The kilt has been booked and will be collected the day before we leave.

I've only told one other person and it's one of my friends that I work with, I've asked her to come dress shopping with me. I feel so guilty as I have 2 older kids (26 & 24) and an 11yo at home and we'll be leaving them behind.  But we're both certain that we don't want a big fuss and plan to have a party at home when we get back.

I hope my experiences help someone looking for an alternative. I can email over costs, but as a rough estimate I would go with £2,000 - this excludes the rings, dress & shoes.

Good Luck to all the brides 2 be :-)