Decorations for around the room

We're having a small wedding this year with just 30 people and I want to keep costs low on some things. I'm hoping to do my flowers myself .. I'm going to go to the range and see what I can get from there! I'm really not good at organising things very well so having to organise a wedding is a bit scary! What sort of things do you do to decorate the room in general? I don't obviously want it to be completely plain with nothing .. our room will be both for the ceremony and reception. Any ideas on a budget will be great :smile:

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 900 New bride
    Hello. I made my own bouquets and decorations using stuff from cheaper shops like the Range, Hobbycraft and Ikea. You can see photos on my wedding report (link in my signature). It depends what sort of look you are going for. For a romantic look, you could do something similar to what we did. You can get net curtains from Ikea and cut them into strips. Drape them with faux ivy garlands and strings of fairy lights (you can get them on Amazon and internet light shop Lights4Fun for not a lot of money) and then you can hang them around the room, off tables, etc. For a more boho look, you can get super cheap paper bunting from hobbycraft (£2 for 10 metres) in different colours and patterns, or if you're handy with the sewing machine and have scraps of fabric going spare you can make your own. Don't be afraid to ask friends and family if you can borrow stuff - you'd be surprised what they might offer. Especially ask for fairy lights. Everyone has them in their Christmas decorations and they look effective no matter what the season.
  • OmRum said:
    Hello. I made my own bouquets and decorations using stuff from cheaper shops like the Range, Hobbycraft and Ikea. You can see photos on my wedding report (link in my signature). It depends what sort of look you are going for. For a romantic look, you could do something similar to what we did. You can get net curtains from Ikea and cut them into strips. Drape them with faux ivy garlands and strings of fairy lights (you can get them on Amazon and internet light shop Lights4Fun for not a lot of money) and then you can hang them around the room, off tables, etc. For a more boho look, you can get super cheap paper bunting from hobbycraft (£2 for 10 metres) in different colours and patterns, or if you're handy with the sewing machine and have scraps of fabric going spare you can make your own. Don't be afraid to ask friends and family if you can borrow stuff - you'd be surprised what they might offer. Especially ask for fairy lights. Everyone has them in their Christmas decorations and they look effective no matter what the season.
    Thank you, your bouquets looked lovely! I like the idea of the net strips and fairy lights! 
  • Hi, there are lots of ideas how to decorate your wedding on a budget. 
    1. DIY decorations - search the Internet for some ideas. 
    2. Use baloons. You can make photoboth, decorate soffit with it.
    3. Paper decorations always look original. Use it to decorate aisle. 
    4. Season flowers. You musn't buy expensive roses, you can find cheap and beautiful flowers, too. 
    5. Decorate with candles.