Wedding date dilemma
Hi everyone, I have a bit of a dilemma I could do with some input on, although I don't think there's any easy answer. Me and my other half want to get married in 2020 - we have always dreamt of a rustic, autumnal barn wedding, and last weekend we found our dream venue, that we have fallen in love with and it ticks every box - we can even just about afford it. We have scoured the options in every county vaguely accessible from London where we live, and viewed eight, and this is THE ONE.
Now here's the snag - my best friend and maid of honour, who has been practically a sister to me since I was 12, who I can't imagine getting married without, lives in Japan and is a teacher. She has one week of holiday in October that she could use to come back but our dream venue is already booked for the Saturdays in that week, and the Friday too. We can't pull the wedding forward to the summer as I will be abroad on a big work trip for much of July and August, plus it's more expensive, and if we pull it right forward to early next year we won't have long enough to save as we're funding the wedding mostly ourselves. We also really don't want to delay it to 2021. So we are left with the option to have the wedding on the Thursday in the week my MOH can be here, but without a fair few of our other friends, who are teachers in this country, OR have it on a different Saturday but MOH wouldn't be there, unless she has moved back to the UK by then, which is a possibility but a fairly small one. She can't get leave to come back as it's not a family wedding, and anyway the costs and times to fly back for a couple of days are ludicrous.
Almost everyone would be travelling between 1-4 hours to get to the wedding as all our friends and family are very spread around the country, and several others would be coming from abroad but without the date restrictions that come with being a teacher. I am reluctant to have a wedding on a Thursday in case it's too hard for too many people to get time off work - I think our close friends and family would definitely still be there but we'd lose quite a few, and certainly a lot of people's partners. Or we go back to the drawing board, give up on the idea of a barn etc and try to find somewhere else to do it on the right friday/saturday.... Any help/views appreciated! xx