What did you eat before your wedding

MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 648 New bride
Hello, I am getting married on Saturday and can’t wait!

One thing I’ve read plenty of times is brides being too nervous to eat breakfast on their big day so out of interest, what did you have? Or what are you planning on having?

I love food so can’t imagine not eating, I’ve definitely been nervous snacking this past week. Anyway I’m getting ready at home with my parents, two sister’s (BM’s), my MoH and my other BM. They’re arriving for 8 so I’m thinking easiest thing will be bacon sandwiches and my mum has agreed to cook. Thinking of getting some small bits to snack on too as ceremony is at 1 and then the wedding breakfast is at 4 but also aware we may not want to eat too much to avoid looking bloated etc.

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 790 New bride
    I got ready at home so my bridesmaids bought croissant and breakfast snacky bits. Then I had pre-ordered sandwich platters from Greggs which I sent my dad to pick up. I love food but ended up not eating a lot because I was in the make-up/hair dresser chair for too long! I suggest nothing fancy, but snacky sandwiches are good. 
  • Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,116 New bride
    I managed a bagel and peanut butter first thing and then about 20 minutes before the car arrived I scoffed a banana as I knew I'd need the energy. I'd stick to snacky things like sandwiches like Om Rum wutfested, on the day you won't have much time to eat and you'll want things you can pick out. I was super nervous so couldn't manage much. 
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,072 New bride
    I stayed in our hotel the night before so ordered the continental breakfast, I didn't think I'd want a full cooked! But when it came it was actually pretty small, so I didn't end up eating much at all before the ceremony at half1. I also love my food but to be honest the whole day went so quickly and was so busy that I didn't even have time to think about eating. 
    Things that you can pick at, that aren't too messy if your in the middle of hair/make up is ideal. 

Good luck for Saturday!!😁😁😁💓
  • dinky2020dinky2020 Posts: 20 New bride
    I am also wondering / worried about this! I get bloated easily so don’t want anything too bready. Our ceremony won’t be until about 2 though so will need something substantial beforehand. No idea what to plan tbh 🤷‍♀️ 
  • MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,387 New bride
    I could only eat a slice of toast and some orange juice. As the morning went on I managed to eat some biscuits I’d had made as well as some Prosecco. I honestly wasn’t hungry as I was too nervous.
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,919 New bride
    I'll be getting a McDonald's breakfast, will set me up nicely and keep me from getting hungry before the wedding breakfast, since I'll likely miss lunch! I'm fat anyway so not bothered about being bloated.
  • MrsR17MrsR17 Posts: 95 New bride
    I had a full on breakfast, my SIL brought loads of different pastries and fruit and snacky breakfast bits and mum made a huge stack of toast for us all. We were stuffed then topped it all off with a few glasses of champagne and some chocolate in between. Certainly tided me through to our dinner thank goodness. 

Husbands mum made them a huge fry-up and he couldn't eat a pick. 

I would say definitely try and eat something, the dread of a huge tummy rumble mid ceremony had me panicking to no end!
  • KittyFiennesKittyFiennes Posts: 975 New bride
    I don't think it matters too much what you eat so long as you have something.  There was a bride on here a few years back that had been on a crash diet. She was so faint by the time the ceremony was over, she had to find some shade to go have a lie down, whilst the rest of her guests mingled at the drinks reception.  Not really the way you want to remember that part of your big day.
    Just avoid anything that would normally make you feel unwell. In my case, that would be anything greasy, fried, or dairy.
    If you plan to drink during the run up, be very sure you eat as well. You don't want to end up on on the forum in the days after lamenting having gotten too tipsy.
  • MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 648 New bride
    Just an update on this, just polished off a bacon sandwich and everyone keeps telling me how calm I am lol.
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,072 New bride
    Have the best day MrsPB!!!! Cant wait to hear all about it!! 💜
  • AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 856 New bride
    I plan to have Greek yoghurt and fruit because I don't want to bloat. My mum has said she refuses to cook any bacon or anything in the house because she doesn't want us all smelling of bacon.