Help for wedding planning on a budget

Could anyone help with planning a wedding on a budget (in and around the Sittingbourne, Kent area)?
I've recently looked at so many different venues/options and I'm really struggling to find a venue where we could have the wedding and reception that isn't going to cost a fortune.
Ideally I'm trying to keep the budget to around £5000 (this is for the wedding ceremony, reception, catering/drinks, flowers, possibly a photographer, although we may have a friend who could take the photos).
I've also started looking at other options, like getting married in a church and then having the reception elsewhere, or even getting married in the registry office and then have the reception elsewhere. 
Any help/suggestions would be hugely appreciated. 
Many thanks

• How many guests do you have? It has a huge impact on cost because a big chunk of the budget is catering and drinks.
  • While the bulk of our work is for people planning a big day there is nothing to say "This is how a wedding day must go". Why not have a simple registry office wedding and then down to your local pub or even hire out your fav restaurant for the day? 
    Chief user of crayons at the fabulous Minty Slippers Wedding Films